Trying to find sun-dried tomatoes in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
On top of sharing with you where to find them in your grocery store, we'll provide you a list below of where you can order them online. Later on in this post, we'll also tell you which stores to check in person.
If You Need Shelf-Stable
If You're Looking for Something Pre-Cut
If You're Looking for Bulk
If You're Looking for Home-Grown
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Sun Dried Tomatoes In?
You'll usually find sun-dried tomatoes in the produce area. Look around the fresh tomatoes—they may be next to them or in a display nearby.
The next place to check is the canned vegetable aisle. You're more likely to find jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil here.
Sometimes grocery stores put sun-dried tomatoes in the aisles with dried fruits and nuts. Check the pasta aisle, too, specifically where the tomato sauces are.
The last place to check is the bulk area. But if you're just not seeing them anywhere, use our store guide below...
Related Article: Where to Find Seitan in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Sun Dried Tomatoes?
- Amazon -You can choose from a ton of brands on Amazon. You'll find sun-dried tomatoes by the pound or packed in oil. Usually, buying in bulk means saving some money.
- Walmart - Look for Roland Sun-Dried Tomatoes, California Sun-Dry or Bella Sun Luci in the canned vegetable and dried fruit aisles of Walmart. If you're looking for a particular brand, use the online store locator to track availability.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Most likely, your local natural food store sells sun-dried tomatoes.
- Whole Foods - You can pick up 365 Organic Sundried Tomatoes in the canned goods aisle of Whole Foods.
- Safeway - Safeway offers a few different brands in both the canned vegetable and produce sections of the store.
- Target - If you're at Target, grab either Mezzetta or Alessi sun-dried tomatoes in oil.
- Trader Joe's - You can buy the store brand of sun-dried tomatoes at Trader Joe's. Depending on the location, you should be able to get them either oil-packed or dry.
- Kroger - Stop by a Kroger supermarket for a variety of brands and options in the dried fruit or the canned goods aisle.
- Publix - Publix has California Sun-Dry products in dry and oil-packed varieties.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Sesame Oil in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Sun Dried Tomatoes
Use It in Dips
Got a craving for a creamy vegan dip? Try a sun-dried tomato recipe. You can make hummus, tapenade or even a vegan queso dip with sun-dried tomatoes for a vibrant color and rich flavor.
Make Vegan Crepes
Sun-dried tomatoes make epic savory pancakes and vegan crepes. Add them directly to the crepe mixture or blend them into a filling. This will work nicely for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or brunch!
Also Related: Where to Find Shortening in the Grocery Store
Make Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
We all know that vegan basil pesto is one of the tastiest toppings for pasta. But have you ever tried sun-dried tomato pesto? It's incredibly easy to make, and it will knock your socks off. Toss pasta with it, use it as a vegan pizza base or spread it on sandwiches.
Related Article: Where to Find Tamari in the Grocery Store