Wondering where you can find seitan in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Seitan In?
The first place to check is the produce aisle. Most grocery stores keep seitan in the refrigerated section with tofu and other types of mock meats.
Depending on the grocery store, you may also see seitan in the frozen aisle. Check any vegetarian and vegan aisles, too.
The last place to check is the canned goods aisle. But if you haven't been able to find it yet, try looking in one of the stores below...
What Stores Sell Seitan?
- Amazon - Amazon has seitan from a wide variety of vendors. Since there are so many different products, you can compare prices and usually find good deals.
- Walmart - Walmart carries brands like Upton's Naturals. Check the produce area, or use the store locator to see what's available online and in any store.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods sells lots of different seasoned and marinated seitan products, which you can pick up in the produce area.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Try the produce and frozen aisles at any health food store.
- Target - Look for Upton's Naturals in Target stores.
- Safeway - If you go to a Safeway, look in the produce section for WestSoy or Sweet Earth seitan.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's has a great selection of mock meats, including seitan. Check the produce and frozen sections.
- Kroger - Kroger sells brands like Sweet Earth, WestSoy and Upton's Naturals.
- Publix - You'll see seitan in the produce aisle at Publix.
- Asian Markets - Check the refrigerated and frozen aisles at any Asian market.
Great Ways to Use Seitan
Make a Vegan Cheesesteak
Certain ingredients are best for particular types of mock meats. Jackfruit makes great vegan pulled pork, artichokes make good faux crab cakes, and seitan makes the best vegan Philly cheesesteaks.
Make a Seitan Roast
Even if it's not a holiday, there's no reason you can't enjoy a seitan roast with the vegan stuffing of your choice. This works best with homemade seitan, but that's super easy.
Make Vegan Fried Chicken
Here's a recipe you don't necessarily need to make seitan from scratch for (though you totally can if you want to). For a healthier version, bake the "chicken" pieces instead of frying them.