Searching for pesto in the grocery store? We’ll tell you exactly which aisles you should be checking…
You’ll also learn which stores are likely carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Pesto In?
The first place to check is the aisle with the jarred pasta sauces (usually with the dry pasta). It sometimes sits on the top shelf with specialty sauces and ingredients.
That’s where to go for shelf-stable pesto, but if you’re looking for fresh pesto, look in the refrigerated pasta area. Sometimes this is near the produce, the bakery or specialty cheeses. You’ll often find plastic containers of pesto that need to stay cold (and be used faster).
If your grocery store has a vegan or “health food” section, it could be where the vegan pesto is, but vegan pesto may be in any of the above places.
Keep an eye out for these vegan pesto brands.
For the lowdown on which stores carry pesto, refer to our guide below…
You Might Also Like: Where Is Minced Garlic in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Pesto?
- Amazon – What doesn’t Amazon have? Try Zest Vegan Basil Pesto or Il Nutrimento Black Kale Pesto Pasta Sauce.
- Walmart – Walmart may sell ready-made pesto sauces like Legnano Vegan Green Pesto Alla Genovese, but it should also sell Amore Pesto Paste, which is vegan. Use Walmart’s store locator on its website to see what’s in your store.
- Whole Foods – You should have no trouble finding pesto at Whole Foods. Look for brands like Gotham Greens in the refrigerated sauce area.
- Safeway – Safeway carries different types of pesto, like Bolani Cilantro Pesto.
- Kroger – You’ll find various brands of pesto here. You might even find Victoria Vegan Alfredo Arugula Pesto, which some Kroger stores stock.
- Publix – Publix supermarkets have Legnano’s pesto as well as Amore Pesto Paste.
- Your Local Health Food Store – If you’ve had no luck anywhere else, look in any natural food store, big or small. There’s a very good chance you’ll find jarred or fresh-made pesto.
Great Ways to Use Pesto
Spread It on Vegan Pizza
You’ve got your red sauce pizza, your white pizza and your green pizza—with pesto. If you’re a pizza lover, you’ve got to make vegan “green pizza” with either homemade or any store-bought pesto you prefer.
Related Article: Where Is Molasses in the Grocery Store?
Drizzle It Over Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Pesto works on any veggie, but the creaminess of cauliflower is particularly suited to luscious pesto sauces. Make roasted vegetable and pesto side dishes or toss it all with penne and fresh herbs.
Also Read: Where Is Pizza Sauce in the Grocery Store?
Make Pesto Hummus
Making pesto hummus can be as simple as adding jarred pesto to premade hummus. Use it in sandwiches and wraps or on top of veggie burgers. Or just keep it for a light, healthy snack with carrot sticks and sliced bell peppers.
Also Read: Where Is Quinoa in the Grocery Store?
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!