Trying to locate sesame oil in the grocery store? There are a few different aisles it might be in, so we'll show you where to look...
We'll also tell you which stores typically carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Sesame Oil In?
You should be able to find sesame oil in the section of the grocery store with vinegar. Usually, this will be the condiment or baking aisle.
Some types of sesame oil may be in the international aisle. If you're looking for toasted or spicy sesame oil, check the area with the Asian products.
Not seeing sesame oil anywhere? You'll have better luck in one of the store below...
What Stores Sell Sesame Oil?
- Amazon - Whether you're looking for sesame oil for oil pulling or to cook with, you'll find it on Amazon.
- Walmart - Check Walmart's condiment aisle for anything from Spectrum cooking sesame oil to Dynasty spicy sesame oil. The online store locator will show you what you can buy in any location.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Most likely, any health foods store in your area sells sesame oil.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods stocks 365, Spectrum, Eden Selected and other brands in the aisles with vinegars and Asian products.
- Safeway - Check the international and condiment aisles for sesame oil at Safeway.
- Trader Joe's - You can get Trader Joe's Toasted Sesame Oil at many Trader Joe's locations (or on Amazon).
- Target - Look for Simply Balanced, House of Tsang and Spectrum by the vinegars and other cooking oils in the pantry section of Target.
- Kroger - Kroger keeps sesame oil in both the vinegar and international aisles.
- Publix - Publix sells Spectrum, Kikkoman, Sun Luck and other brands. Check the international and vinegar aisles.
- Ethnic Markets - Many ethnic markets will have sesame oil, especially Indian markets.
- Asian Markets - Asian markets should have various types of sesame oil.
Great Ways to Use Sesame Oil
Make Peanut Sesame Noodles
If you've never tried peanut sesame noodles, they may become a new favorite. They're also ridiculously fast and easy to make, so try them on a night when you don't have a lot of time to make dinner and then enjoy the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Use It in Stir-Fries
Sesame oil is a stir-fry staple. It'll add a wonderfully earthy, nutty flavor, especially if you use toasted sesame oil. Like a little more spice? Try a hot sesame oil infused with chili peppers.
Make Desserts with It
If you've ever seen sesame candies and wondered what else you could do, get some sesame oil and make vegan ice cream, cookies, candies and other fabulous treats. How about a chocolate-sesame shake?