Searching for xanthan gum in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles you're most likely to find it in...
We'll also tell you which stores generally carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Xanthan Gum In?
Xanthan gum can often be found in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Look by the flours or in any gluten-free section of the aisle.
If there's a gluten-free aisle in the store, check there next. It will probably be grouped with gluten-free flours and baking mixes.
But if you just can't seem to locate xanthan gum anywhere, use our store guide below...
Also Check Out: Where to Find Soy Lecithin in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Xanthan Gum?
- Amazon - You'll find plenty of xanthan gum options on Amazon. You may also be able to get bulk xanthan gum for a little cheaper.
- Walmart - Look for Judee's Gluten Free, Hodgson Mill and other brands in the gluten-free and baking sections of Walmart. The store locator on the company website will give you product availability information for any location.
- Whole Foods - Close to a Whole Foods? Check the baking aisle for brands like Now and Bob's Red Mill.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Most likely, any health food store you walk into is going to have xanthan gum.
- Safeway - Safeway keeps xanthan gum in the baking aisle.
- Target - If you're at Target, look for Bob's Red Mill in the baking aisle near the flours.
- Kroger - Check for Bob's Red Mill, Hodgson Mill and Authentic Foods xanthan gums around the baking ingredients.
- Publix - Publix carries Bob's Red Mill in the baking aisle.
- Asian Markets - Many Asian markets sell xanthan gum.
Great Ways to Use Xanthan Gum
Make Vegan Mozzarella
You can actually use xanthan gum in any type of vegan cheese, but it's especially suitable for vegan mozzarella. It will help to form that firm but tender texture you're looking for.
Also Check Out: Where to Find Spring Roll Wrappers in the Grocery Store
Use It in Gluten-Free Baking
You may have seen xanthan gum listed on the labels of gluten-free baked goods before. It's a common ingredient that adds the right sort of texture and elasticity, and it can be used in any gluten-free vegan recipe for bread, cake, cookies—you name it.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Star Anise in the Grocery Store
Use It in Salad Dressings
Xanthan gum is also a typical thickener in salad dressings. It's easy to use, and you can also keep it in mind for other watery sauces (like gravies) that you're trying to thicken up. Just go lightly with it as too much can easily make the texture of your sauce a little slimy.
See Also: Where to Find Sumac in the Grocery Store
Now that you've purchased xanthan gum, you'll need to know how to store it. If you're not sure how, we've got a guide to xanthum gum storage here.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!
1 thought on “Where to Find Xanthan Gum in the Grocery Store (Check These Aisles…)”
Thank you for the information.
Comments are closed.