Trying to find out where they keep the tahini in your local grocery store? We’ll tell you which aisles to check…
We’ll also tell you which stores typically carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Tahini In?
First, look in the condiment aisle of your grocery store for tahini. It may be in a glass jar or a small tub sitting by the olives and pimientos.
Tahini is sometimes grouped with the nut butters, so check that aisle next. Try the organic section of the aisle, but if the store has a separate aisle for natural foods, check there, too.
The next stop is the international aisle. If there’s a section with Middle Eastern items, you can probably head there directly.
If you happen to be in a store that sells raw tahini, it might be located in a refrigerator. But if you’re just not having any luck, our store guide below will help you out…
Related Article: Where to Find Seitan in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Tahini?
- Amazon – This is the place to go for items you can’t find locally. You have your choice of brands, including Lebanon Valley, Roland and plenty of others. Usually, you can also find bulk deals to save money.
- Walmart – Walmart carries Jovya Sesame Tahini, Once Again Organic Tahini and more. The store locator on Walmart’s website will show you product availability in each store.
- Whole Foods – Like so many other items, tahini is one of 365 Everyday Value’s products. Look for 365 Organic Tahini in the condiment aisle.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Here’s where you’ll likely find raw tahini in a refrigerator. If not, you should still be able to find tahini in the shelf-stable aisles.
- Safeway – Safeway sells Krinos Tahini and Once Again Organic Tahini.
- Trader Joe’s – Stop in at a Trader Joe’s store for Trader Joe’s Organic Tahini.
- Kroger – Kroger will at least have Simple Truth Organic Tahini, if not other brands as well.
- Publix – Publix supermarkets sell a selection of tahini brands, like Jovya, Krinos and Woodstock.
- Ethnic Markets – If you’re near a Middle Eastern or Mediterranean market, look for tahini there.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Sesame Oil in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Tahini
Without a doubt, if you’ve got tahini, you’re going to want to make hummus. Here are four different recipes to get you started, but you can really use your imagination and vary your herbs, spices and veggies to make your dream sandwich spread.
Bake Vegan Muffins
You might be surprised to hear that you can use tahini in sweet baked goods. It turns out that tahini does a heck of a job making them super moist and rich. Add it to chocolate banana muffins like you see in this video, to blueberry muffins or to any other recipe you find.
Also Related: Where to Find Shortening in the Grocery Store
Use It in Salad Dressing
Tahini might be the original creamy vegan salad dressing ingredient (next to avocado). There are so many things you can do with tahini as a salad dressing, whether you’re using it on salads or sprucing up a sandwich. Get creative with spices, herbs and other salad dressing ingredients.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!