Searching for shredded coconut in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking…
We’ll also tell you which stores carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Shredded Coconut In?
The baking aisle is where you should find shredded coconut. It will probably be where the nuts and chocolate chips are.
Sometimes shredded coconut is in the natural food aisle, but you may also want to look in the bulk section of the store.
Last place to check is the frozen aisle. But if you’re having a hard time tracking it down, try one of the stores listed below…
What Stores Sell Shredded Coconut?
- Amazon – You can get sweetened and unsweetened shredded coconut on Amazon. If you look into bulk options, you can often get good prices.
- Walmart – Walmart has Great Value shredded coconut in the baking aisle. If you’re looking for a certain brand or product, use the store locator on Walmart’s website.
- Whole Foods – At Whole Foods you’ll see shredded coconut in the bulk and baking sections.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Often, health food stores have bulk shredded coconut. Check the baking aisle, too.
- Target – If you go to Target, look in the baking staples aisle for Market Pantry and other brands.
- Safeway – Safeway stocks Bob’s Red Mill, Signature Kitchens and O Organics around the spices and baking ingredients.
- Trader Joe’s – You should be able to find store brand shredded coconut at Trader Joe’s.
- Kroger – Kroger carries a number of options in the baking section.
- Publix – Look for store brand shredded coconut with the baking supplies at Publix.
- Ethnic Markets – Ethnic markets are good places to find shredded coconut. Check Indian, Middle Eastern and Caribbean markets.
- Asian Markets – Asian markets may have dried or frozen shredded coconut.
Also Related: Where to Find Rhubarb in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Shredded Coconut
Bake with It
Are you a huge fan of coconut desserts? Vegan coconut cream pie, cookies, cakes, muffins—whatever you’re dreaming of, shredded coconut will give it that incredible flavor and a nice, nuanced texture.
Make Coconut Butter, Milk or Flour
Also Check Out: Where to Find Vinegar in the Grocery Store
You can turn shredded coconut into all the coconut staples. For coconut milk, blend shredded coconut and water in a blender and then strain. Then squeeze the pulp, dry it in the oven and blend it again to make flour. For coconut butter, watch this video…
Cook with It
Whenever you’re cooking something you’d like to have a little coconut flavor, shredded coconut is the way to go. Try adding it to curries, soups and stir-fries.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Rock Salt in the Grocery Store
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!