Searching all over the grocery store for the corn syrup? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also help you find the stores that carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Corn Syrup In?
The first place to go for corn syrup is the baking aisle. It's often used in various confections, so it's usually placed with baking ingredients.
If you're not seeing it in the baking aisle, head over to the aisle with cereal and breakfast foods. Sometimes corn syrup is used on pancakes, so it's not uncommon to find it in this section.
Still not seeing it? Use our store guide below to find out exactly where to go...
What Stores Sell Corn Syrup?
- Target - Target carries Karo Light and Dark Corn Syrup as well as corn syrup from its own brand, Market Pantry.
- Amazon - Amazon is the place to go for larger quantities of corn syrup at a reduced price. Generally, buying in bulk is more cost-effective.
- Walmart - Walmart has several brands of corn syrup, including Golden Barrel and Great Value, its discount brand. Check the store locator on the website for information about what you can buy at your local store.
- Whole Foods - Looking for organic corn syrup? Whole Foods carries Wholesome Organic Light Corn Syrup.
- Safeway - Safeway sells corn syrup from Signature Kitchens, among other brands.
- Kroger - If you stop in at a Kroger, you should find the store brand of corn syrup, probably in the breakfast food aisle.
- Publix - Publix supermarkets sell Karo Light Corn Syrup.
- Market Basket - Market Basket is another place to pick up a bottle of Karo.
- Vons - You can grab Signature Kitchens and Karo at a Vons supermarket.
Great Ways to Use Corn Syrup
Make Vegan Marshmallows
No gelatin in these. Vegan marshmallows are really easy to make with light corn syrup and agar powder. Think about all the vegan Rice Krispies Treats you'll be able to make.
Use It in Cookie Icing
Need a quick and simple icing recipe for cookies? Whether you're making holiday gingerbread or you just want to frost a batch of vegan cookies to make them extra pretty, if you have corn syrup handy, you can throw together a versatile icing in a few minutes.
Make Vegan Candy Corn
Most brands of candy corn have non-vegan ingredients like gelatin, but there's no reason you have to miss out on this Halloween tradition if you make vegan candy corn. Corn syrup is the key ingredient in these fun little candies.