Trying to find cooking sherry in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Cooking Sherry In?
Since cooking sherry is not an alcoholic product you would drink, it's probably not going to be found in the wine aisle.
The area to check is usually the condiment aisle. Look for other bottles of cooking wine (like Marsala cooking wine) as well as any kind of vinegar.
If you're not seeing it anywhere, try one of the stores below...
What Stores Sell Cooking Sherry?
- Amazon - Whenever you're having trouble finding an item locally, Amazon is one of your best resources. There are lots of different brands, including Holland House, Pompeian and Roland, which you can buy by the gallon if you're looking for a more cost-effective route.
- Walmart - You can pick up a bottle of Holland House Sherry in the condiment aisle at Walmart. If you're looking for a specific brand, use the store locator on Walmart's website to check availability in each location.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods stores tend to have a good selection, including Kedem, Reese and other brands.
- Safeway - You'll also find several options at Safeway. Look for Holland House and Reese in the oil and vinegar aisle.
- Kroger - Kroger has its own brand of cooking sherry.
- Wegmans - Here's another store with its own brand of cooking sherry.
- Publix - Publix carries Pompeian, Reese and Holland House.
- Vons - Vons stores also offer a decent selection.
Related Article: Where Is Corn Syrup in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Cooking Sherry
Use It in Soup
A vegan cream of mushroom soup would be a very traditional recipe for cooking sherry, but there are plenty of other recipes to explore. Any creamy soup would be perfect for a touch of sherry.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Cornmeal in the Grocery Store?
Add it to Desserts
Sherry can go in anything from a vegan sponge cake to a vegan trifle like the one you'll see in this video. It's a downright versatile cooking wine that's delicious with fruity and vanilla flavors.
Related Article: Where Is Cranberry Sauce in the Grocery Store?
Use It in Stir-Fry
When you're making tofu stir-fry, a little sherry can do a lot to boost the flavor. You can usually use it in place of Shaoxing wine, a Chinese rice wine commonly added to stir-fries. For tofu based dishes, don't forget to press out the excess moisture from the tofu first before incorporating it in the recipe. Read our list on the best tofu press if you're looking to buy one.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Flaxseed in the Grocery Store?