Searching everywhere in the grocery store for cornmeal? Here are the aisles you’re most likely to find it in…
We’ll also tell you which stores carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Cornmeal In?
Head to the baking aisle first if you’re looking for cornmeal. Check by the flours and gluten-free products. If there’s a separate aisle for gluten-free ingredients, check there, too.
You may also see cornmeal in the aisle with rice and grains. If not, try the international aisle by the Latin products.
Lastly, check the bulk area. But if you haven’t seen it anywhere, our store guide below can help you out…
Also Check Out: Where Is Cooking Sherry in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Cornmeal?
- Amazon – The quickest way to find cornmeal might be online. Try Amazon for a wide variety of brands and vendors.
- Walmart – Walmart stocks cornmeal in the grain and baking aisles. You can use the store locator on the company website for product availability information in any store.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods sells Arrowhead Mills, Bob’s Red Mill and other brands in the baking and grain aisles, but check the bulk bins, too.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Cornmeal is a pretty popular gluten-free ingredient, so try the gluten-free section of the natural food store.
- Safeway – If you’re at Safeway, look in the baking and international sections for O Organics, Goya or store brand cornmeal.
- Target – You’ll find Quaker, Maseca and other brands near the flours in the baking aisle of Target.
- Kroger – Check the baking and international aisles for cornmeal at Kroger.
- Publix – Publix offers its own store brand as well Bob’s Red Mill and Quaker.
- Ethnic Markets – You’ll probably find cornmeal at spots like Latin and Caribbean markets.
Related Article: Where Is Corn Syrup in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Cornmeal
Cornbread is a crowd pleaser. Make skillet cornbread or muffins to go with a big bowl of vegan chili. If you’re gluten-free, you can use 100 percent cornmeal instead of a flour mix.
Also Check Out: Where Is Food Coloring in the Grocery Store?
Make Cornmeal Porridge
Running out of breakfast ideas? Try cornmeal porridge. It’s rich, creamy, simple and delicious—everything you want out of your breakfast. Use any vegan milk, sweetener and toppings you love.
Related Article: Where Is Cranberry Sauce in the Grocery Store?
Sometimes the tortillas you see in the grocery store have extra ingredients you’re trying to avoid. If that’s the case, make your own tortillas with cornmeal, all-purpose flour, salt and oil. That’s it! It’s super easy, and you’ll probably prefer the homemade tortillas to the store-bought kind.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Flaxseed in the Grocery Store?
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!