Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Raisins In?
The section of the store with dried fruits and nuts is the first place to start your search. This may be the snack aisle or even the canned fruit and vegetable aisle.
You can also check the the produce area. Sometimes grocery stores offer raisins and other dried fruits in displays around the fruits and vegetables.
Other times, raisins are kept in the cereal aisle. It's probably best to look by the oatmeal if you're checking this aisle.
Finally, you can check the bulk area. If your grocery store sells bulk products, there's a really good chance that you'll find different varieties of raisins there.
Not seeing raisins anywhere? Our store guide below will show you where to buy them...
You Might Also Like: Where Are Lentils in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Raisins?
- Amazon - Finding raisins is super easy on Amazon. Look for bulk raisins, golden raisins and different varieties while shopping for the best price.
- Walmart - At Walmart, you can buy Great Value, Dole and Sun-Maid raisins, probably in the snack aisle or by canned fruits and vegetables.
- Whole Foods - Shopping at Whole Foods? Go to the bulk section if you want to buy raisins by the ounce (or pound), or look in the snack aisle for packaged raisins. You could also see 365 brand raisins in the produce section.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Most likely, you'll find bulk raisins in any health food store.
- Target - If you're by a Target, you can grab Market Pantry California Raisins in the snack aisle.
- Safeway - Safeway sells an assortment of varieties and brands in the area with dried fruits and nuts.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's carries its own brand of raisins, probably by the produce or in an aisle with nuts or breakfast items.
- Kroger - At Kroger you'll see Sun-Maid, Made in Nature, Tampico and other brands of raisins in various spots, including the snack aisle and the spice aisle.
- Publix - Publix sells a store brand of raisins in addition to other brands.
- Ethnic Markets - Stop into ethnic markets to look for varieties of raisins you might not be able to buy elsewhere.
For more shopping tips, check out this related article: Where Are Green Chiles in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Raisins
Bake with Them
Are you a baker? Even if you haven't tried your hand at homemade baked goods, there are plenty of easy vegan recipes on the Internet starring sweet, plump raisins. Make cinnamon raisin bread, oatmeal raisin cookies, coffee cakes and all sorts of tasty vegan treats.
Also Check Out: Where Are Pine Nuts in the Grocery Store?
Add Them to Rice
Raisins give spiced rice dishes subtle sweetness and nicely varied textures. Try Indian pulao, vegan rice pilaf and Middle Eastern rice dishes for starters. Don't be afraid to really change up the seasonings and ingredients—raisins work well with nearly any flavor profile.
You Might Also Like: Where Are Sesame Seeds in the Grocery Store?
Make Energy Balls
When you're hungry but short on time, energy balls will curb your hunger and carry you through until your next meal. Dried fruits and nuts are staples for energy balls, packing nutrients while adding a pleasant and all-natural sweetness.
Also Check Out: Where Are Rice Cakes in the Grocery Store?
Also Read: Where Are Shallots in the Grocery Store?
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!