Looking for pine nuts in the grocery store? They may be in a few different places, so we'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Pine Nuts In?
To find pine nuts, you may want to check the baking aisle first. Many grocery stores place them next to walnuts, almonds and other types of nuts in this area.
You could also see pine nuts in the snack section on the shelves with trail mixes and dried fruits.
The produce area is another good place to check. If they're there, they may be in a display or on a shelf with bulk items. Look in any bulk bins in the store, too.
Your last stop can be the spice aisle. But if you just can't seem to find pine nuts anywhere, check our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Pine Nuts?
- Amazon - You'll find pine nuts quickly and easily on Amazon. There are usually deals on bulk items, so check around the site for lower prices.
- Walmart - There are plenty of pine nut brands like Nature's Harvest and Badia in the baking and snack aisles at Walmart. The online store locator can show you exact product availability in any store.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods stocks pine nuts in bulk, but you can also get them prepackaged in the snack and baking aisles.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Here's another place you might find bulk pine nuts.
- Safeway - At a Safeway? Look in the baking, produce and snack aisles near dried fruits and nuts.
- Trader Joe's - If you shop at Trader Joe's, look for store brand pine nuts, probably near the produce area or around baking ingredients.
- Kroger - Kroger stores keep pine nuts in the bulk aisle as well as the aisle with nuts, seeds and dried fruits.
- Publix - At Publix you can pick up pine nuts in the baking, snack and spice aisles.
- Ethnic Markets - There's a good chance you'll find pine nuts in Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Latin markets.
Great Ways to Use Pine Nuts
Add Them to Salads
Pine nuts add a creamy, yet crunchy texture to salads. If that sounds like something you'd enjoy, you can just sprinkle some pine nuts on top of any green salad, toss them with a pasta salad or mix them into a warm or cold kale salad.
Make Creamy Vegan Condiments
Because pine nuts have such an incredibly smooth consistency when blended, they're perfect for any type of creamy sauce or condiment. In addition to vegan sour cream, you might want to try pine nuts in vegan cheese sauces, pesto, gravies and creamy soups.
Make Vegan Parmesan
Vegan Parmesan is so easy to make. You just need to blend up pine nuts with a handful of other ingredients and you've got a tasty vegan sprinkle cheese for pasta, salads and anything you fancy.