Trying to figure out where the sesame seeds are in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be looking in...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Sesame Seeds In?
When you need sesame seeds, head to the spice aisle of your grocery store first. You should find them in a typical spice jar in the racks with all the usual herbs and spices.
You might also find sesame seeds in the international aisle with the Latin or Japanese products. Check by the sushi ingredients.
Lastly, if your store has a bulk section, look for sesame seeds there. This goes for a bulk spice section, too.
If you're having trouble finding sesame seeds, we found several stores that have what you need. Check them out below...
You Might Also Like: Where Are Lentils in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Sesame Seeds?
- Amazon - For convenient shopping, check out Amazon for bulk sesame seeds (which can be a lot cheaper) as well as tons of different brands.
- Walmart - You can find sesame seeds by the pound at Walmart from Roland, Food to Live and other brands. Or you can just pick up a bottle of McCormick Sesame Seed.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Definitely stop in at a natural food store. Chances are good that you'll find bulk sesame seeds, or at least the packaged kind.
- Whole Foods - Here's another good spot for bulk sesame seeds. Look in the bins by the nuts and other seeds.
- Safeway - Check the spice aisle at Safeway for sesame seeds from McCormick, Spice Islands and Morton & Bassett.
- Trader Joe's - You should be able to pick up a Trader Joe's brand bottle of sesame seeds at any Trader Joe's.
- Target - Target offers a variety of brands, including Simply Balanced, Badia and Sushi Chef.
- Kroger - If you're near a Kroger, stop in for McCormick or Simple Truth Organic sesame seeds.
- Publix - Any Publix store will have at least one sesame seed brand, if not more.
- Ethnic Markets - Ethnic markets often carry sesame seeds, including Indian and Middle Eastern markets.
- Asian Markets - If there's an Asian market near you, you can probably find sesame seeds there, too.
For more shopping tips, check out this related article: Where Are Green Chiles in the Grocery Store?
Sesame seeds make delicious, creamy vegan milk. They're some of the easiest (and most affordable) ingredients for plant milk, and you can use white, brown or black sesame seeds.
Also Check Out: Where Are Pine Nuts in the Grocery Store?
Do you consider yourself an adventurer in the world of vegan ice cream? Try black sesame seed ice cream made with cashews, coconut oil and vegan milk. It's an impressive dessert to serve by itself on a hot day or on top of a slice of vegan apple pie.
Also Check Out: Where Are Rice Cakes in the Grocery Store?
A bowl of sesame noodles needs a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top, but you can transfer this concept to any meal, really. Whether you're eating stir-fry, salad or soup, top your meal with sesame seeds for texture and flavor.
Here's a related article you might like: Where Are Raisins in the Grocery Store?
Also Read: Where Are Shallots in the Grocery Store?