Struggling to find shallots in the grocery store?We’ll tell you which aisles you should be checking…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Shallots In?
You should find shallots in the produce area of the grocery store.They’re usually with the garlic and other types of onions, which should be right around the potatoes.
- Amazon– You’ll be able to buy freeze-driedand even fried shallots on Amazon, but you may not see them fresh.
- Walmart – Walmart tends to have fresh shallots in the produce area anddehydrated shallotsin the canned goods section.
- Whole Foods– Whole Foods sells shallots, often in specialty displays.
- Safeway – At Safeway you can pick up fresh shallots and possibly dried shallots from Morton & Bassett in the spice aisle.
- Trader Joe’s – You may not be able to buy dried shallots at Trader Joe’s, but you can get them fresh.
- Kroger – Check the produce and spice aisles at Kroger for fresh and dried shallots.
- Publix – You should definitely find fresh shallots at Publix.
- Ethnic Markets– Many ethnic markets carry fresh and dried shallots.
- Asian Markets– If you’re near an Asian market, you’ll likely see shallots there.
You Might Also Like: Where Are Vanilla Beans in the Grocery Store?
Use Them in Salad Dressing
Shallots are gentler than onions, so they’re quite ideal for salad dressings.They’ll give your dressing more of a nip than a bite.You could also just slice up some shallots and layer them on top of a bed of greens.
Make Vegan Gravy
Who doesn’t love vegan gravy on mashed potatoes?You can use shallots or onions, but shallots will produce a more delicate flavor.Just don’t skip them!
Read Also: Our Best Sweet Potato Fry Slicer Picks
Replace Onions with Them
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!