Looking for the best blender to make cauliflower rice? You're in the right place... And it's easier than you might think!
In this short article, expect to find...
- My top blender choices for ricing cauliflower (and why I picked them).
- How to actually make cauliflower rice in a blender.
- The pros and cons of all my top picks.
Don't have time to read? Here's a quick summary...
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Ninja Professional BL660||View on Amazon|
|Vitamix Professional Series 750||View on Amazon|
|Blendtec Total Blender Classic||View on Amazon|
Best Blender for Cauliflower Rice Options
- Nutri Ninja Professional BL660
- After testing it on the slightly older version of the BL660, I can confidently say that this thing was almost designed for cauliflower rice.
- Vitamix Professional 750
- This Vitamix can literally do everything and Cauliflower rice is no exception.
- Blendtec Total Blender Classic
- I personally overall prefer my Vitamix over the Blendtec’s that I’ve used, but there are some things that I feel the Blendtec does better.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice in a Blender
Making cauliflower rice in a blender is actually easier than it sounds. The only thing that you really need is a big blender jar.
From there, you just make the cauliflower small enough to fit, put it in the blender and press go.
It depends if you go with the Ninja which has multiple blades or one of the Vortex creating blenders like the Vitamix or Blendtec.
Cauliflower Rice made in a Ninja Blender with multiple blades.
If you're not using a Ninja blender which has the multiple blades, it's easier when you add water in when you're making cauliflower rice.
Using Water to Rice Cauliflower
You can get away with just pulsing, but in my opinion, the water makes it much easier.
The only downside is that you have to strain out the water afterwards.
If you are using the Ninja, you can just put some cut up cauliflower in the blender.
The Ninja functions like a food processor in this regard; it quickly dices the ingredients rather than drawing it all to single point during the blend cycle.
Important Blender Attributes for Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower is a pretty big vegetable. Making a bunch of rice in a small blender like a Nutribullet is going to be a real pain - even though you could certainly do it. You'll just have to do it in smaller chunks.
This isn't really ideal because if you've ever made cauliflower rice before, than you know that it can cook down a bit. As the water evaporates, the "rice" will lose a lot of it's original volume. This means you want to be able to process as much cauliflower as possible in the shortest amount of time.A small container means that you're more likely to make a mess when you put the cauliflower in the blender. Something with a nice wide opening will give you less to clean up on your counter.
You don't need a super-duper motor for cauliflower rice, a decent one will do. That's why this list includes units that are a bit less powerful, like the Ninja.
However, if you're going to be buying a blender, I strongly believe it pays to get the best one you can afford with the longest warranty. This is a kitchen appliance you want to buy once and not worry about for years to come.
That's why I'm partial to the Vitamix and Blendtec line.
Read Also: Best Vitamix Alternatives
It's not 100% necessary, but speed control is a nice function to have if you're making cauliflower rice.
It gives you a bit more control over the texture and you can make it more or less fine depending what you're trying to achieve.
Best Blenders for Cauliflower Rice Pros and Cons
If it's within your budget to get the Vitamix 750, then do it! Cauliflower rice is easy to do with the "add water and drain" method that I previously mentioned.
This is a blender that you'll use and cherish for years to come for recipes you might not even know yet!
What I Love
- Great warranty that I can personally vouch for. Vitamix has taken my blender back and sent me new parts completely free of charge.
- Variable speed knob gives you complete control over the fineness of your cauliflower rice.
- Pulse function (a bit new to Vitamix blenders) lets you do a quick chop without having to switch it on and off.
- Large 64 oz container is designed to be wide to fit under kitchen cabinets.
Powerful enough to make any blend silky smooth.
- Venting lid and high-friction blades capable of making hot soup right in the blender without a fuss.
- Tamper ensures that nothing gets stuck in or around the blades.
- Has some pre-programmed functions which means you can blend and walk away for certain recipes.
There's always heated debate on whether the Vitamix is better than the Blendtec, or vice-versa.
Really, it comes down to the tamper. The tamper on the Vitamix helps push ingredients into the blades during tough blends when a vortex can't be created.
The Blendtec Total Blender has a version of this called the Twister Jar, but it is sold separately.
On the other hand, the Blendtec is more powerful and better at certain thick blends, assuming there is enough liquid to create a vortex.
Drain the water after and you've got your rice.
What I Love
- Excellent reliable 7-year warranty. I can also vouch for how good the customer service is because my brother has had this repaired a few times without hassle.
- Extremely Powerful. Blendtec makes the most powerful blenders and this one is 3-peak horsepower.
- Speed Control and Pulse functions make it easy to control how pulverized you want your ingredients to be.
- Pre-programmed functions such as batter, ice cream and hot soup. Yes, it can make hot soup right in the container just like the Vitamix can.
- Easy to wash by hand or by blending with soap and warm water., but also dishwasher safe.
No matter which one of these blenders you choose for cauliflower rice, I’m confident that you’ll be happy.
Ricing in a blender is so much easier than using a knife or grater.
If you’ve made it a goal of yours to eat more veggies, then this is certainly a great way to do it!
The Ninja will act more like a food processor with all of it’s chopping blades.