A blender can be a surprisingly versatile appliance. Most people assume that you only use a blender to make smoothies, juice, or protein shakes, but the fact is, they can be used for so much more.
Some blenders come with different attachments that greatly expand their uses. A few even come with useful food processor attachments that are wonderful for chopping and dicing various ingredients.
If you’re looking for the best blender food processor combo, you’ve stumbled across the correct page. In this guide, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about each blender food processor combo and compare food processors vs. blenders.
Don’t have time to read? Here’s a quick summary of the products we recommend.
Keep reading, and you’ll learn:
- Our top picks for the best blender food processor combo options
- The differences between blenders vs. food processors
- Some commonly asked questions about blender food processor combos, and their answers
Let’s jump right into it…
Best Blender Food Processor Combos
Ninja BL770 Mega Kitchen System
Everything is truly in the name with this food processor and blender combo – it is like a Mega Kitchen System. On top of being a blender with a lot of motor power (1500 watts, to be exact!), the Ninja Mega Kitchen system includes a food processor attachment that you can use for mixing and chopping.
With that much power, the food processor attachment can easily become one of your most useful appliances. It can mix and chop virtually anything, even dough, with its dough blade. With an amazing 8 cup capacity, the Ninja Mega Kitchen system’s food processor bowl can provide a means to make tons of recipes.
It also comes with two Nutri Ninja cups. These smoothie cups are 16 ounces, and you can blend right into them. When you’re done blending, they come with twist-on lids that you can use to take your drinks anywhere.
- The Ninja Mega Kitchen system includes a blender, food processor, and Nutri Ninja cups.
- The food processor bowl has a decent 8 cup capacity.
- At 1500 watts, it has a lot of motor power and could make just about anything, including frozen drinks.
- The blending pitcher attachment has a huge 72-ounce capacity.
- Its parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free for easy cleaning.
- It comes with a dough blade that can mix up to 2 pounds of dough in just half a minute.
- Numerous positive reviews back it.
- Some users thought it would be better if the attachments were not made from plastic.
- There are some reports of it being loud.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Blenders with Glass Jar and Pitchers
Oster Blender Pro 1200 with Glass Jar
The Oster Pro 1200 is one of the most well-known Oster blender options out there – you can even see it in the customer reviews. We couldn’t pass up adding it to our list of best blender food processor combo options.
One thing that sets it apart is that the pitcher is made from glass. Many people prefer the look of glass pitchers, but they’re more than just looks. A glass pitcher is one of the best ways to ensure that no food odors will linger in your blender after use.
Of course, it also comes with an amazing 5 cup food processor attachment. With 1200 watts of power to back it up, a chopping blade, stainless-steel slicing disc, this blender can handle anything – even frozen drinks.
- It has a 5 cup food processor attachment that can handle all your food processing needs.
- The jar is made from sturdy Boroclass glass.
- Dual direction blade technology spins the stainless steel blades backward and forwards, allowing food to fall into the blades.
- A long-lasting all-metal drive can withstand daily wear and tear.
- Has 1200 watts of motor power
- Many of the components are made from plastic, which some users felt looked cheap.
- There are some reports of it being noisy.
Ninja Blender/Food Processor for Frozen Blending, Chopping, and Food Prep
This tiny blender food processor combo is perfect for anyone who needs both a blender and food processor’s versatility, but in the smallest possible package. Despite its size, it still has the power to pack a real blending punch.
Whether frozen ingredients or soft ones, this blender food processor combo can mince, dice, chop, puree, and blend easily. When you’re all finished, it has a convenient pour spout that so you can make sure that your counters stay clean as you pour out your recipes.
On top of its compact functionality, it can also be extremely affordable. This blender food processor combo is likely to fit into just about any budget.
- It is more compact than many other options
- Can blend, mince, dice, chop and puree your food.
- The stacked blade assembly allows the blades to reach all your food in the pitcher.
- The pitcher has a splash guard that prevents ingredients from splattering everywhere.
- The 400-watt motor does not have as much power as some of the other options on this list.
- You have to be careful when cleaning it not to emerge the powerhead in water, as it is not waterproof.
Read Also: Top 8 Best Ninja Blender Models
Cuisinart Smart Power Duet Blender/Food Processor
If you’re looking for a food processor blender combo made from glass, this one is another fantastic option for you. Made by Cuisinart, a well-known manufacturer, this blender and food processor combo has a pitcher made from beautiful, durable glass.
Cleanup is effortless with this blender, too, which is why it’s one of the best options. Because the parts are dishwasher-safe, you can simply run them through your dishwasher once you’re finished.
It also has several easy-to-understand blend settings to choose from. Those settings include stir, chop, mix, crushed ice, puree, pulse, and food processing functions. With such straightforward settings, anyone can feel comfortable using it.
- Its removable parts are all safe for your dishwasher, making cleaning easy.
- It has several blending programs that make food processing and blending effortless.
- The glass pitcher will not retain odors as a plastic one could.
- At 500 watts, its motor doesn’t have the power of other options on this list.
- The 3 cup food processor doesn’t have as large a capacity as other alternatives.
Cuisinart Velocity Ultra Trio
The Cuisinart Velocity Ultra Trio is one of the most flexible food processor blender combos on this list. As you can see, it has a pitcher food processor bowl and even includes a couple of to-go cups you can use to make drinks in.
It’s not only one of the more flexible models, though – it’s also one affordable pick. Additionally, it has a couple of blend settings to choose from, such as a low, high, smoothie, ice crush, and pulse, so that you can find the right mode for a huge range of recipes.
- It is a compact food processor blender combo that can fit anywhere you need it.
- It comes with to-go cups so that you can take your mixtures on the road with you.
- They are offered in two different sleek color combinations.
- It has one horsepower, which means it doesn’t have the power level that some other food processor blender combos have.
Oster Versa Pro Blender with Food Processor AttachmentCheck Price on Amazon >>
Have you ever encountered the frustration of lingering pieces in your smoothie or juice? The Oster Versa Pro will make that nothing more than a distant memory with its food processor attachment.
Its thorough blending comes from patented dual direction blade technology. Instead of just spinning in one direction, like with most blenders, the blades in this one alternate spinning forwards and backward. Because of the altering directions, food can fall into the blades easily slice into any remaining pieces.
Like the Ninja, it also has multiple attachments to increase its use. For instance, it includes to-go cups that are very similar to the Nutri Ninja ones, so you can make sure your creations can come on the move with you.
These attachments make the Oster Versa Pro one of the best models for versatility.
- Because of all its attachments, it’s one of the best models for flexibility.
- The blender jar is dishwasher-safe and BPA-free.
- Dual direction blade technology provides smooth and creamy results time after time.
- The all-metal drive inside the blender is tough and long-lasting.
- Some users felt that the food processor attachment was a little bit small.
Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Blender with Vegetable Chopper
The Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher Blender is another one of those rare glass pitcher models that some people prefer. Because its jar is made from glass, you can ensure that food odors won’t linger inside.
However, it has so much more going for it than উthe fact that it won’t smell like your food. It has the functionality of three different kitchen appliances in one.
For starters, you’ve got the blender aspect of it. With 700 watts of power, it’s a modestly strong blender that can handle most ingredients.
Of course, it’s not just a blender – it’s a blender and food processor combo. Its food processor attachment can hold up to 3 cups of food, perfect for touching up a recipe or making a small amount.
- This one is a blender and food processor and comes with a travel cup.
- The food processing attachment is a 3 cup food processor.
- It can be pretty affordable.
- It has a decent 700 watts of power that’s great for most kitchen blending tasks.
- Some owners reported that the vegetable chopping function does not provide the most finely chopped results.
Hamilton Beach Power Elite Blender with Food Processing Cup
With a 700 Watt motor and a 5-cup jar and 3-cup food processing attachment, you have all of the power and the space that you need to be able to chop, dice, puree, and liquefy without any problems.
Thanks to the mess-free spout on the jar, pouring smoothies or soup is incredibly easy and won’t cause a mess. The measurements on the food processor bowl make measuring out ingredients for a recipe straightforward and fast.
The stainless steel blades are designed to hold their sharp edge for a long time so that you don’t have to worry about whether or not they will provide you with the cutting and chopping power that you need. Thanks to the 12 blending functions and the pulse feature, you are sure to get a perfect consistency every time you use this blender.
- A three-year warranty ensures that your blender will last.
- Included cord storage helps to keep the counter-top neat and clean.
- It’s very easy to clean the blender without worrying about food getting caught underneath the blades.
- Some users have had problems with the pitcher breaking easily and needing to be replaced.
- There are some reports that the pulse setting doesn’t work well enough to break up frozen fruit.
KitchenAid 5-Speed Hand Blender
Not only is the removable arm long enough to help you reach into very deep pots of soup without accidentally burning yourself, but the interchangeable attachments include three bell blades, a whisk, and a food processing cup.
While the food processing bowl is only 2.5 cups, it is still large enough to provide you with enough space for your food prep needs.
Thanks to the five different speeds that you can choose from, you will be able to customize how this blender works for you perfectly.
Because you can switch effortlessly between the different attachments when prepping ingredients, you will find that this task goes much faster than before.
- A soft-grip handle makes the blender easy for anyone to hold, even with hand pain.
- It is backed up by tons of positive customer reviews.
- It’s effortless to run the attachments in hot and soapy water to clean them.
- Some users are reporting the arm of the blender breaking during use.
- Some users have stated that the blender cannot operate fast enough to meet their needs.
Braun MQ9037X Electric Hand Blender
Unlike other blenders with food processing attachments and large appliances that take up a lot of counter-top space, this immersion blender from Braun is easy to store, but it still offers you all of the power you need.
It’s easy to change the attachments while you are prepping for a meal, and since you can adjust your blending power without having to stop, you will find that you have complete control over your meal.
Thanks to the smooth start, there won’t be any uncomfortable jolting when you turn on this blender. The advanced technology and design help to prevent any splashing, no matter what you are blending or chopping.
- Single-hand operation allows you to keep the other hand free from other kitchen tasks.
- It’s incredibly easy to clean all of the attachments.
- The small size makes it easy to store.
- Some users have had difficulty getting this blender to chop ice.
- Some odd reports of this blender leaking chemicals into food when used
Cuisinart Hurricane Compact Juicing Blender
Cuisinart is a well-known and accessible company when it comes to blenders. It’s no surprise that we’d be featuring yet another Cuisinart model on this list.
This particular option is wonderfully flexible. Of course, it has a food chopping cup, but it also comes with a few other components.
You’ll get a BPA-free jar and two 16 ounce travel cups with the blending base. As the name implies, these features make it excellent for juicing or blending smoothies. It even comes with four durable and reusable straws that you can use to cut down on waste.
- Includes a food processing cup, blending pitcher, and two travel cups for taking drinks on the go.
- It comes with reusable straws that make sipping on your drinks easy.
- The jar is BPA-free to be confident chemicals from plastic aren’t leaking into your food.
- The lids for the cups screw-on backward are confusing for some people.
Oster Classic Series Whirlwind Blender with Food Chopper
The gently rippling sides of this Oster Whirlwind blender make it an especially attractive option for your kitchen. Plus, the neutral color means that it can fit into a range of color schemes. Regardless of how your home is decorated, this blender will likely blend right in.
It’s also incredibly simple to use. With only two speed levels, you won’t need to spend hours scratching your head over a manual with this pick.
Furthermore, it has a pretty nice 600 blending watt power. Crushing ice would be a good choice for this blender. This is sufficient for the average blending tasks, so you’ll get used to it.
Are you worried about chunks getting left behind? The Oster has an answer to that, too, with its extra-long blades designed to reach more of your ingredients.
- It has a powerful motor with 1000 total power watts and a peak of 600 blending watts.
- The blades are designed to be extra-long to reach all your ingredients.
- Includes a food processing cup that can hold up to three cups of food
- An attractive rippled base gives the blender visual intrigue
- Simple to use with two basic speed levels
- It uses the standard Oster all-metal drive that comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Glass jar won’t retain food odors as some other options will
- Some users reported that it’s not as thorough at blending large amounts of frozen ingredients.
- The food processing cup’s blade only spins at a single speed, which means it’s not the most flexible option on this list.
What to Consider When Buying a Blender Food Processor Combo
When it comes to finding the best blender food processor combo for you, you’ll need to consider a variety of factors. Here’s what we suggest looking at:
- Additional Attachments
- Motor Power
- Ease of Cleaning
When they purchase kitchen appliances, most people look at the price of the appliance first. It shouldn’t be any different as you search the market for your future blender food processor combo. The best blender and food processor shouldn’t be beyond your budget.
Before you pick one, consider defining what your ideal price range is. This will make sure your pool of candidates is narrowed down, so you won’t have an overwhelming number of models to look at.
However, one thing to keep in mind is that the price is impacted by the quality of the blenders and food processors. Although you mustn’t spend what you can’t afford, don’t let price blind you, or you may settle for an option that doesn’t meet your needs.
You’ve already decided that having a food processor is important if you’re looking at this post. Your blender needs to have the best of both worlds: a food processor and blender attachment.
Blending and food processing doesn’t need to be all they can do. Other attachments broaden the utility of your blender even further.
For instance, many Ninja models come with Nutri Ninja travel cups that double as personal-sized blending pitchers. These are perfect for when you want to make a smoothie or some juice for yourself, but worry, a large jar would be too much.
Other blenders even include different blade attachments, such as dough blades that perform extra culinary functions.
These additional attachments aren’t likely to be essential for the most part. However, it’s still worth considering, especially if you foresee yourself needing to use them.
In blending and food processing, you might need more or less room. That’s where the capacity of both the food processing and blending attachments factors into your choice.
If you’re looking for something with a lot of room, the Ninja Mega Kitchen System could be great. On top of a 72-ounce pitcher, it has a generously sized 8 cup food processing attachment that will give you plenty of space for chopping up ingredients.
The Oster Pro 1200 and Food Processor are a close second incapacity. It has a 5 cup food processor attachment that’s also reasonably spacious.
If capacity is one of your greatest concerns, make sure you pay attention to the description for each blender food processor. The blending pitcher and food processing capacity is usually listed near the beginning, which is an important quality for many people.
Do you imagine yourself needing to blend harder ingredients, like ice or frozen fruits and veggies? Then you’ll want to check on the motor power of any potential food processor and blender.
The motor power of any unit on the market is generally measured in watts or horsepower. If it has a higher amount of watts or horsepower, you can expect the model to deliver smoother results.
That’s because it has more power with which to move the blades. It’s easy to see how that could lead to chunk-free results.
Power isn’t the only thing that makes any option the best. Nonetheless, it is important to think about, especially when blending and food processing with traditionally stubborn food.
Ease of Cleaning
When all is said and done in the kitchen, there’s the cleanup leftover. For many, dealing with the mess after is the worst part of cooking.
Some blenders make the maintenance part surprisingly easy, though. They accomplish this in a few ways.
One way has dishwasher-safe parts. If a blender has parts that are suitable for your dishwasher, you can just run it through your dishwasher when you’re finished using it. That way, the tedious cleanup is reduced to an effortless washer cycle.
Another way that maintenance is made easy is with a self-clean mode. With some blenders, you need to add some dish soap and hot water, then run their self-cleaning setting. The blades will froth the water mixture into a sudsy bath that gets them all tidied up for you.
It’s worth noting that not all blenders are designed with a self-cleaning mode. You’ll need to check the product description or reviews for each to determine whether or not it can be cleaned this way.
There’s nothing quite disappointing as investing in a blender with food processing capabilities, only to break it down shortly after using it. You want the most bang for your buck, which means any tool you spend money on needs to last for as long as possible. Sure, you can check the reviews for mention of durability, but this isn’t a guarantee.
Unfortunately, accidents happen. The kitchen is an especially unpredictable place. This doesn’t mean you can’t get peace of mind with your appliances, though – a warranty can give you exactly that.
When a blender has a long and reliable warranty, you can rest assured that help is out there for you if there are any problems with your blender. The confidence this can give you is truly priceless.
You can usually find information about the warranty in the product description. However, if it’s not there, try checking the manufacturer’s site for more information.
Blender and Food Processor FAQs
Let’s look at some of your questions about blenders and food processors now. Quite a few come up for people when they look at the combo options available today.
Here are the questions we’re going to review:
- Do I need both a food processor and a blender?
- What is the difference between a food processor and a blender?
- Which is best: a blender or a food processor?
Do I need both a blender and a food processor?
One thing you might be wondering is if you even need to have both appliances at all. Could one be used to do the functions of the other, or are they both necessary?
We’ll need to start by looking at what both a food processor and a blender can do to answer that question. The first part we’ll look at is blenders.
Any blender on the market today is used for blending or combining foods to smooth mixtures. Generally, you’ll see them used for recipes like these:
- Nut butter
So what do you use a food processor for? In many ways, food processors are a bit more versatile. A food processor can be used whenever you need to perform some kind of repetitive task on your food, such as chopping, dicing, mixing, or sometimes even kneading.
These are some recipes you might use your food processor for:
- Cookie dough
Whether or not you need a food processor and blender is up to you. Most people could probably get by with just a blender.
But if you’re going to be making most of the recipes we just mentioned, or you’ll be doing a lot of chopping and dicing, you might want to have both appliances.
What is the difference between a blender and a food processor?
While we answered this question previously, we could dive a little deeper into the differences between blender vs. food processor. The difference comes down to what they’re used for.
Remember, a blender is used for combining ingredients. Typically, you’ll see it used for recipes requiring liquefying food, such as juicing or smoothies.
Food processing is similar but still has some key differences. A food processor, unlike a blender, can be used whenever a recipe requires some repetitive tasks like chopping or dicing. This makes them a bit more flexible than the average blender, and you might quickly find any food processor becoming one of your favorite tools in the kitchen.
Which is best: blender or food processor?
You might now be wondering which is truly best: a blender or a food processor? Could you just get one without the other?
Honestly, in the food processor vs. blender arena, it depends on what kind of cooking you’re doing. They each have their unique uses, and ideally, you’d have access to both to broaden the scope of recipes you can make at home.
However, this entirely depends on you. You’ll want a counter-top blender if you’re looking for something to make more liquid recipes with, like smoothies and shakes.
But if you’re going to make things like salsa and dough more often, then a food processor will be best for you. That’s what they’re designed to do.
And that completes our list of best food processor blender combos. But there are a decent number of combos on this list, which can still be overwhelming if you already weren’t sure where to begin.
What’s our recommendation? If we had to pick one out of all the appliances on our list, we’d say go with the Ninja Mega Kitchen System. It has an amazing 1500 watts of power that sets it apart from its competition.
Furthermore, its array of attachments makes it extra versatile. No matter what you’re cooking, you can probably find a use for it. As if that weren’t enough, its abundance of positive reviews shows that it’s made many customers happy.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!