Looking for the best blender for hot liquids? We've rounded up 9 options that you can use no matter what kind of budget you have. From counter-top size, to personal blenders and even immersion style.
Let's get to the list...
Why Are These Blenders Great for Hot Liquids?
- Removable lid or a plug that can be opened will allow the steam to vent and prevent it from building up inside the container
- Adjustable speed settings allow you to use the lowest possible setting and increase blending speed if necessary
- Container that is designed to withstand heat so that it doesn’t crack or become damaged when you are blending hot liquids
- Durable plastic and rubber parts that can stand up to the heat
- Regular or stick blender, not an inversion blender, as hot liquids can negatively affect the seals on inversion blenders, causing leaks
- Easy to clean so food doesn’t cool and dry below the blades
Best Blender For Hot Liquids Options
1. Vitamix 750 Professional
This blender is perfect for blending anything from frozen smoothies to hot coffee and soup. The BPA free jar is durable enough to withstand temperature swings without cracking or being damaged, and you can not only blend hot liquids in this blender, but also heat up soup, if you desire. Thanks to the complete seal that the santoprene rubber lid makes, there isn’t any concern of hot liquids splashing out of the blender and burning you while you use it.
- With four pre-programmed settings and a pulse feature, you can easily have control over your blending
- Adding hot water and soap allows the blender to self clean
- Comes with an excellent warranty in case of any problems
- There have been reports of the seal on the blender breaking off in small pieces
- Some users have complained of a burning smell
2. Cuisinart SBC-1000
Unlike other types of blenders that can handle hot liquids and foods without being damaged, this blender was made for hot soups. There are three temperature settings that you can choose from so you can easily heat up your soup without any problems. Rely on the pulse function, four speeds, and stirring to help blend your liquid to the right consistency. Thanks to the included heavy duty cleaning brush, you won’t have to worry about any liquid being left behind and drying inside the blender.
- Rely on the temperature settings to heat up your liquid, if necessary
- Designed specifically to handle hot liquids without being damaged
- Slip-proof feet mean your blender won’t tip over and spill hot liquids
- Thermal shock-resistant jar won’t be damaged by high heat
- There are reports of the base charring and causing a melted plastic smell
- Some users report that the blender is unable to easily chop through ingredients
3. Black and Decker FusionBlade
You’ll be able to easily find the perfect blending speed for the liquid you are working with when you buy this blender. With 12 different speed settings to choose from, it’s easy to see how quickly you can blend anything in it. At seven pounds, this blender is heavy enough so that it won’t move across the counter when it is in use, but it is light enough for most people to be able to easily lift without a lot of trouble.
- Incredibly easy to take apart and to clean
- You can open the small hole on the lid to allow some of the steam to release without worrying about making a mess
- All removable parts can easily be put in the dishwasher so you don’t have to worry about washing everything by hand
- There are some reports of the units failing shortly after being purchased
- Some owners report that the plastic parts are fragile and easy to break
4. Shred Emulsifier 5-in-1 Blender
Not only will you love the incredibly sharp blades on this blender, but you’re also sure to appreciate that it can handle the hottest liquids without being damaged, cracking, or putting you at risk of being injured. Thanks to the tight seals and the durable blending jar, this blender can handle incredibly hot liquids without any problem. The included presets on the blender make it easy to turn it on and walk away so that you don’t have to stand by it and monitor how well it is working.
- Not only can this blender handle blending hot liquids, but it will heat up liquids as well
- Lid locks on incredibly tight and doesn’t vibrate loose when the appliance is on
- There are reports that this blender is incredibly loud
- Some users are frustrated with the size of the blender and how much space it takes up on the countertop
5. Breville Immersion Blender
You won’t have to worry about the temperature of liquids you are blending when you opt for this hand blender from Breville. Its ergonomic design makes it easy to hold for long periods of time. Not only can the blender be used directly in a pot or bowl to blend hot liquids, but it also comes with an extra-large jug for this use, as well. This jug is able to easily hold hot liquids without being damaged, cracking, or warping.
- Thanks to the small size, this blender is easy to store when it is not in use
- The non-scratch guard will protect pots and pans from being scratched
- Internal ribbing and the shape of the base allows for best blending
- It’s very easy to clean this blender by running it in hot, soapy water
- There are some reports of the blender dying shortly after purchase
- Some users report that the seal on the rod can fail, allowing hot liquid to get into the blending shaft, which will make it difficult to clean the blender
6. Blendtec Original Blender
This is a professional blender that is perfect for the home cook who wants to be able to blend anything in the kitchen without worrying about its size, temperature, or how tough it is. Because the jar on this Blendtec blender is specifically designed to handle very hot and very cold foods, you won’t have to worry about it cracking or breaking, no matter what hot liquids you want to blend.
- The touchpad is very easy to use
- Preprogrammed options make blending fast and easy
- Eight-year comprehensive warranty
- Some users have complained of the lid not staying in place when the blender is operating
- There are reviews that state that the blender will burn out if used too often or for too long a period of time
7. Cuisinart CBT-2000
This powerful blender comes equipped with a 64-ounce plastic jar. The jar is BPA free and has a very soft handle that makes lifting and pouring hot liquids easy and reduces the fear of burning yourself. Thanks to the LCD display you will be able to easily see the countdown time for your blender as well as adjust the time, if necessary.
- Timer option lets you walk away from the blender while it is working
- Variable speed control for the most power over your hot liquids
- Memory function to allow you to personalize your settings
- It’s very easy to clean this blender with hot water and soap, allowing you to rinse it out without any problems
- Some users have called it unnecessarily noisy and find that it is too loud to use when family members are asleep
- There are reports of smoke coming from the bottom of the blender when it overheats
8. Oster Beehive Blender
This Oster blender has a glass jar that won’t stain or collect a bad odor, no matter what you are blending. The glass has been specifically designed to withstand the high temperatures of hot liquids so it won’t crack, warp, or break. All jars are thermal shock tested, which means that you can switch from hot liquids to cold beverages without waiting for the glass to come to room temperature. Additionally, when you are done blending, the glass jar can be put in the dishwasher for a fast and easy cleanup.
- This glass jar is specifically made to withstand hot temperatures without being damaged
- Thanks to the tight-fitting lid, this blender will not leak
- There aren’t any problems with stains or odors thanks to the high-quality glass used
- Some users are frustrated by the lack of settings and controls on the blender
- There are reports of having to use a spoon to make sure that everything is mixed evenly
9. KitchenAid Hand Blender
Perfect for use with hot liquids, this stick mixer from KitchenAid can be used in many different pots and pans without worrying about the liquid spattering or burning someone. It’s a great size to store in your drawer or cupboard so you don’t have to dedicate precious countertop space to your blender and is very easy and straightforward to use when you want to blend hot liquids
- The comfortable handle stays cool even when blending very hot liquids
- Comes with blending jar to blend small amounts of liquid
- Removable blending arm can be put in the dishwasher to remove any liquids from inside the blades
- Ideal for blending large or small amounts of hot liquid
- Some users have problems with the blending wand detaching from the motor during use
- There are reports of users having difficulty changing the speed of the blender because they have to rotate the top to do so, which can be hard for people with weak hands