Looking for the best blender for Indian cooking in the USA? We've got you covered.
Here are 7 blenders that are perfect for grinding spices, making chutney, dosa batters and many more key tasks in Indian cuisine.
Let's check them out...
Why Are These Blenders Great for Indian Cooking?
- Easy to clean blending jar that won’t retain odors
- Strong motor that can easily wet and dry grind foods
- Sharp blades designed to withstand hard products in the blender, including small and hard spices
- Dishwasher-safe or easy to clean so that food and sauces won’t dry in the jar
- Various speeds to choose from, which will make it very easy to get the right consistency from your food
- A tight-fitting lid and strong seals on the jar so that nothing will leak while you are blending
- Ability for the blender to operate without a tamper
- Doesn’t require too much liquid, so you don’t have to worry about making your sauces, dosa batters, chutneys or dough too runny
Best Blender for Indian Cooking oPtions
1. Vitamix E310 Explorian with Professional Grade 48 oz Container
With 10 different speeds to choose from, you can easily perfect the texture of all of your foods that you are making.
Additionally, the pulse feature allows you to coarsely chop and break up items like spices or easily create chunky sauces or soups without any problem.
Thanks to the 48 ounce jar, you can easily blend a larger amount of food for your entire family without having to worry about working in batches, which can save you a lot of time in the kitchen. With a cord length of 4.5 feet, this blender can stretch from its outlet in the wall, making it very easy to maximize the countertop space in your kitchen.
Look how easy it is to make Dosa batter in a Vtamix...
- Self-cleaning with a drop of soap and water, which means that no spice residue will be left behind
- Stainless steel blades are made from aircraft grade stainless steel and can easily stand up to the hardest ingredients without being damaged
- Not only can you grind nuts and seeds, but you can also heat up soup and mix dough and dosa batter in this blender, making it a true multitasker
- At 11.5 pounds, there are some users who have had trouble lifting and moving the blender around in the kitchen
- Some reports state that you need a lot of liquid to make sauces and batters
- Some users have reported that it can be difficult to remove lingering odors from the jar
2. Premier Super G 3 Mixer Spice Grinder & Blender
Thanks to the stainless steel jars on this blender, you won’t have to worry about a transfer of smells or flavors, no matter what kind of spices you have been working with - even curry!
With three jars to choose from, you can easily grind and blend small batches of spices, batters, chutney, and sauces without having to wash the cup between each item you are blending.
Rather than worrying about damaging the motor on your blender when cooking Indian food, you can rest assured that the motor on this blender from Premier will trip if there is too much power drawn, which will keep the motor from being damaged.
- Heavy-duty motor is able to power through most food quickly and easily
- Rubber feet ensure that the blender doesn’t move around on the counter when in use
- Jars are incredibly easy to wash out and will not retain odors or flavors
- There have been some reports of the blender’s rubber lid seal breaking into pieces
- Some owners have problems with getting the lid on tight and keeping the blender from spilling liquids while in operation
3. Magic Bullet Nutribullet Rx N17-1001 with Multiple Cups & Lids
Not only can you use this blender hands-free so that you can keep working on other prep work in the kitchen while you are cooking, but, because it comes with a number of jars to choose from, you won’t have to stop and wash.
Additionally, there is a lid for one jar, so you can prep your food ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
This is a great way to decrease the amount of time that you spend cooking each day. Because the jars can hold up to 45 ounces, you can easily make large batches of sauce for your meals.
- Different size cups make it easy to choose the size that is perfect for your blending needs
- Small enough that it doesn’t take up a lot of counter space or can be easily stored in a cupboard
- Blends incredibly quickly and doesn’t require tamping of ingredients
- Can make warm Indian soups
- There are some reports of the jars retaining odors if they aren’t cleaned right away
- Some users have had issues with how loud the blender is
- Users have reported that if there isn’t enough liquid in the jar, the blender will have problem working
- Many users have problems trying to make rice idli batter or dosa in this blender
4. Blendtec Classic 575 with 90 oz and 75 oz Jar
You can easily set this blender to run and then forget about it, making it easy to keep your hands on other things in the kitchen.
The five-sided jar works by actually pulling food towards the blade so that you don’t have to worry about using a tamper to make sure that everything is blended evenly, while the smaller four-sided jar is a great option if you want to grind Indian spices or grain or blend smaller amounts of food. Even the toughest ingredients can’t stand up to the strong and powerful blades.
The large jar means you can make huge batches of dosa batter all in one go.
- It’s easy to use the blender to make batter for dosa
- Creamy and smooth chutneys are only a few seconds away
- The blender can easily powder pulses, spices, nuts, and cereals
- The powerful blades can easily grind jaggery and break it down
- Prebuilt cycles make it easy to create fresh drinks
- Comes with an 8-year warranty
- Some users have reported that the blender is painfully loud
- There are reports of food drying below the blade if it is not cleaned right away
5. Ninja Professional Countertop and Personal Blender with 72 oz Pitcher
You won’t have to worry about sauces or batters leaking out of the jar when you use this blender as the lid fits securely and snugly and won’t vibrate out of place when the blender is working.
Thanks to the 6-blade assembly, you will be able to easily blend ingredients and grind spices significantly faster than you can with other blenders.
The large jar isn’t just ideal for mixing up a huge batch of batter for your entire family, it is also very easy to clean and won’t retain odors or flavors when you are done with it, which can be a huge problem with some blenders.
Check out this Dosa demo in a Ninja blender...
- All parts of the blender can be put in the dishwasher when you are done with them, making cleanup fast and easy
- Everything is BPA free
- Lots of cup size options.
- There are some reports from users who have trouble breaking down fibrous vegetables in this blender
6. KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender Diamond Model with 60-Ounce BPA Free Pitcher
Not only can you stagger your blending, thanks to the pulse mode on this blender, but you can also quickly and easily liquify, puree, mix, chop, or stir quickly and easily with 5 pre programmed buttons.
The patented pitcher is designed so that it will not shatter, scratch, or stain, and it can be put into the dishwasher when you are done using the blender so that you don’t have to spend as much time cleaning up after yourself.
The motor control on this blender sets it apart, as it will sense the contents in the jar and maintain the best speed for powering through the ingredients.
- The pitcher is one-piece, which will decrease the chance of spills or leaks
- “Soft start” means that the motor gradually speeds up so that the food is pulled towards the blades
- The powerful blades can easily break down even the most fibrous vegetables
- Works well even with very minimal added liquid, which will keep your dough and batter from being runny
- There are reports of some users having problems with the plastic jar retaining odors if not cleaned right away
- Comes with a 1-year warranty, which some users don’t think is long enough for the blender
- Some users have struggled with using this blender to blend or grind frozen food
7. Vitamix 7500 with Low-Profile 64-Ounce Jar
Unlike other blenders that have difficulty grinding small amounts of spices at a time, this blender can easily switch from grinding spices to powders to creating batters in a matter of minutes.
No matter how long you are going to use this blender to prep your meal, you don’t have to worry about it overheating, as it comes with a cool-running motor that will keep it nice and cool and prevent major problems.
Additionally, this blender is equipped with incredibly powerful stainless-steel blades that are designed to tackle even the hardest spices that you want to grind and do a wonderful job blending, chopping, and emulsifying, as well.
- Variable speed control gives you perfect control over the blender
- The large container is still small enough to allow the blender to be stored on the counter
- Users love how easy it is to clean the blender, which prevents staining and odor retention
- There are some reports of the blender refusing to blend, even though the cog is turning
- Some users struggle with getting the blender to mix dough and thick batters