Looking for the best blender for Indian cooking in the USA? We've got you covered.
Here are 7 blenders that are perfect for grinding spices, making chutney, dosa batters and many more key tasks in Indian cuisine.
Click the links below to check them out or keep reading for the entire guide:
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Vitamix E310 Explorian with Professional Grade 48 oz Container||View on Amazon|
|Premier Super G 3 Mixer Spice Grinder & Blender||View on Amazon|
|Magic Bullet Nutribullet Rx N17-1001 with Multiple Cups & Lids||View on Amazon|
|Blendtec Classic 575 with 90 oz and 75 oz Jar||View on Amazon|
|Ninja Professional Countertop and Personal Blender with 72 oz Pitcher||View on Amazon|
Why Are These Blenders Great for Indian Cooking?
- Easy to clean blending jar that won’t retain odors
- Strong motor that can easily wet and dry grind foods
- Sharp blades designed to withstand hard products in the blender, including small and hard spices
- Dishwasher-safe or easy to clean so that food and sauces won’t dry in the jar
- Various speeds to choose from, which will make it very easy to get the right consistency from your food
- A tight-fitting lid and strong seals on the jar so that nothing will leak while you are blending
- Ability for the blender to operate without a tamper
- Doesn’t require too much liquid, so you don’t have to worry about making your sauces, dosa batters, chutneys or dough too runny
Top Blenders for Indian Cooking
1. Vitamix E310 Explorian with Professional Grade 48 oz Container
With 10 different speeds to choose from, you can easily perfect the texture of all of your foods that you are making.
Additionally, the pulse feature allows you to coarsely chop and break up items like spices or easily create chunky sauces or soups without any problem.
Thanks to the 48 ounce jar, you can easily blend a larger amount of food for your entire family without having to worry about working in batches, which can save you a lot of time in the kitchen. With a cord length of 4.5 feet, this blender can stretch from its outlet in the wall, making it very easy to maximize the countertop space in your kitchen.
Look how easy it is to make Dosa batter in a Vtamix...
- Self-cleaning with a drop of soap and water, which means that no spice residue will be left behind
- Stainless steel blades are made from aircraft grade stainless steel and can easily stand up to the hardest ingredients without being damaged
- Not only can you grind nuts and seeds, but you can also heat up soup and mix dough and dosa batter in this blender, making it a true multitasker
- At 11.5 pounds, there are some users who have had trouble lifting and moving the blender around in the kitchen
- Some reports state that you need a lot of liquid to make sauces and batters
- Some users have reported that it can be difficult to remove lingering odors from the jar
Thanks to the stainless steel jars on this blender, you won’t have to worry about a transfer of smells or flavors, no matter what kind of spices you have been working with - even curry!
With three jars to choose from, you can easily grind and blend small batches of spices, batters, chutney, and sauces without having to wash the cup between each item you are blending.
Rather than worrying about damaging the motor on your blender when cooking Indian food, you can rest assured that the motor on this blender from Premier will trip if there is too much power drawn, which will keep the motor from being damaged.
Read Also: Top Blenders for Frozen Banana Ice Cream
- There have been some reports of the blender’s rubber lid seal breaking into pieces
- Some owners have problems with getting the lid on tight and keeping the blender from spilling liquids while in operation
3. Magic Bullet Nutribullet Rx N17-1001 with Multiple Cups & Lids
Not only can you use this blender hands-free so that you can keep working on other prep work in the kitchen while you are cooking, but, because it comes with a number of jars to choose from, you won’t have to stop and wash.
Additionally, there is a lid for one jar, so you can prep your food ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
This is a great way to decrease the amount of time that you spend cooking each day. Because the jars can hold up to 45 ounces, you can easily make large batches of sauce for your meals.
You can easily set this blender to run and then forget about it, making it easy to keep your hands on other things in the kitchen.
The five-sided jar works by actually pulling food towards the blade so that you don’t have to worry about using a tamper to make sure that everything is blended evenly, while the smaller four-sided jar is a great option if you want to grind Indian spices or grain or blend smaller amounts of food.
The large jar means you can make huge batches of dosa batter all in one go.
- It’s easy to use the blender to make batter for dosa
- Creamy and smooth chutneys are only a few seconds away
- The blender can easily powder pulses, spices, nuts, and cereals
- The powerful blades can easily grind jaggery and break it down
- Prebuilt cycles make it easy to create fresh drinks
- Comes with an 8-year warranty
- Some users have reported that the blender is painfully loud
- There are reports of food drying below the blade if it is not cleaned right away
5. Ninja Professional Countertop and Personal Blender with 72 oz Pitcher
You won’t have to worry about sauces or batters leaking out of the jar when you use this blender as the lid fits securely and snugly and won’t vibrate out of place when the blender is working.
Thanks to the 6-blade assembly, you will be able to easily blend ingredients and grind spices significantly faster than you can with other blenders.
The large jar isn’t just ideal for mixing up a huge batch of batter for your entire family, it is also very easy to clean and won’t retain odors or flavors when you are done with it, which can be a huge problem with some blenders.
Check out this Dosa demo in a Ninja blender...
- There are some reports from users who have trouble breaking down fibrous vegetables in this blender
6. KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender Diamond Model with 60-Ounce BPA Free Pitcher
Not only can you stagger your blending, thanks to the pulse mode on this blender, but you can also quickly and easily liquify, puree, mix, chop, or stir quickly and easily with 5 pre programmed buttons.
The patented pitcher is designed so that it will not shatter, scratch, or stain, and it can be put into the dishwasher when you are done using the blender so that you don’t have to spend as much time cleaning up after yourself.
The motor control on this blender sets it apart, as it will sense the contents in the jar and maintain the best speed for powering through the ingredients.
- There are reports of some users having problems with the plastic jar retaining odors if not cleaned right away
- Comes with a 1-year warranty, which some users don’t think is long enough for the blender
- Some users have struggled with using this blender to blend or grind frozen food
7. Vitamix 7500 with Low-Profile 64-Ounce Jar