Not sure where to find saffron in the grocery store? We’ll tell you which aisles to look in…
You’ll also find out which stores typically carry it…
|Product Name||Good For|
|Golden Saffron||If You’re Looking for All-Natural|
|The Gathering of Saffron Brand Saffron||If You Want a Variety of Sizes|
|Zaran Saffron||If You Need Something Easy to Store|
|Divine Healing Saffron||If You Want the Freshest Possible Saffron|
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Saffron In?
If you’re looking for saffron, check the spice aisle first. If you don’t see it in the spice rack, check around on the shelves for a container of saffron. It could be placed elsewhere with specialty seasonings.
However, saffron is sometimes kept in the international aisle. Look for bagged saffron—spices in the kinds of containers McCormick uses are typically in the spice aisle.
It’s possible that you could find saffron in the bulk spice aisle, but as it’s expensive, don’t be surprised if it’s not there. Don’t worry—you can still get bulk saffron online.
Not every store will have saffron, but many do. Generally speaking, you can buy saffron at one of the stores below…
Here’s a Related Article For You: Where to Find Potato Starch in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Saffron?
- Amazon – With Amazon, you can narrow down which brand and type of saffron you want, checking for prices and quality. This is also a great spot to get bulk saffron.
- Walmart – You can grab McCormick All Natural Spanish Saffron at Walmart, but other brands may also be available. Use the website’s store locator to see what’s stocked in each store.
- Whole Foods – You’ve got a few different choices at Whole Foods, including 365 Everyday Value Spanish Saffron and Frontier Co-op Saffron Threads.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Health food stores frequently sell saffron. They may or may not offer it in bulk, but sometimes you can ask if they’ll order you bulk saffron and cut you a deal.
- Safeway – Safeway sells Badia, Spice Island, and McCormick saffron threads.
- Trader Joe’s – Shopping at Trader Joe’s? Look in the spice aisle for Trader Joe’s Spanish Saffron.
- Kroger – Your Kroger store should also have some saffron, whether McCormick or Spice Island.
- Publix – Publix supermarkets stock Badia and Vigo for saffron brands.
- Ethnic Markets – Indian and Latin markets are good places to check for saffron threads.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Psyllium Husk in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Saffron
Paella is a traditional saffron dish, but it’s not usually vegan is; it tends to contain meat and seafood.
Related Article: Where to Find Puff Pastry in the Grocery Store
Rasmalai is an Indian dessert of sweet cheese in a creamy, spiced sauce. Truly, this is a luxurious experience—the delicate flavors of saffron, cardamom, and rosewater melt on the palate.
Also, Check Out: Where to Find Pumpkin Puree in the Grocery Store
Use It in Pasta
Saffron is more versatile than many people realize. It can go in your dessert recipes, your dinner, and more. Even if all you’re making is some pasta with tomato sauce, saffron can make it special.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!