Trying to figure out where the potato starch is in the grocery store? Here are the aisles to check…
We’ll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Potato Starch In?
The first aisle to check for potato starch is with kosher foods. These are typically in the international aisle.
You can also check the baking aisle. It will probably be with the cornstarch and flour if it’s there.
Finally, check the gluten-free aisle. But if you haven’t seen potato starch anywhere, try one of the stores listed below…
Related Article: Where to Find Oat Bran in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Potato Starch?
- Amazon – You can get potato starch from a wide variety of vendors on Amazon. Sometimes you’ll find bulk deals that are much cheaper than what you’d get in the grocery store.
- Walmart – If you’re shopping at Walmart, look in the baking section for Bob’s Red Mill (potato flour) or Judee’s Gluten Free. The store locator on the company website will give you updated product availability information in any store.
- Whole Foods – Look for Streit’s, Bob’s Red Mill, or Manischewitz in the baking and kosher aisles at Whole Foods.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Try the gluten-free aisle at your neighborhood health food store.
- Wegmans – Near a Wegmans? Look in the baking aisle for Bob’s Red Mill or Swan.
- Safeway – Check the baking and international aisles at Safeway.
- Kroger – You’ll see potato starch in the kosher aisle and possibly the baking aisle at Kroger.
- Publix – Check the kosher section for potato starch at Publix.
- Asian Markets – You can likely pick up potato starch at your local Asian market.
See Also: Where to Find Okra in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Potato Starch
Make Vegan Cheese
In vegan cheeses, potato starch is one of the best ingredients for creating the perfect texture. Use it in semi-soft vegan cheeses like mozzarella and even nacho cheese sauces.
Here’s a Related Article For You: Where to Find Old Bay Seasoning in the Grocery Store
Thicken Sauces with It
Especially gluten-free, potato starch is an excellent sauce thickener to have in the pantry. Replace all-purpose flour with it at a one-to-one ratio. Another helpful trick is to use it as a soup thickener.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Orzo in the Grocery Store
Make Potato Latkes
If you haven’t had latkes before, they’re essentially potato pancake fritters, and they’re amazing. Enjoy them with vegan sour cream and applesauce.