Trying to locate the psyllium husk in the grocery store? We’ll show you where to look…
We’ll also help you find the stores that carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Psyllium Husk In?
Psyllium husk is frequently sold as a supplement in a capsule (sometimes mixed with other ingredients), but it’s also sold in powdered and whole husk form (in a bag or a bottle).
For any type, the first place to look is in the supplement section of the grocery store. The chances are good that it’s with the dietary fiber aids.
If your grocery store has a bulk section, this is the next place you’ll want to look, especially if you can’t find a supplement without added ingredients.
Your last resort may be searching online, but there are plenty of retailers to choose from. Whether you’re looking in a brick-and-mortar store or online, one of the places below is probably your best bet…
Related Article: Where to Find Oat Bran in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Psyllium Husk?
- Your Local Health Food Store – If you’re looking for scoopable psyllium husk from bulk bins, this is the best place to go first.
- GNC – The supplement megastore sells powdered and whole psyllium husks online and in stores. Use GNC’s store finder on its website to see if a GNC is located near you.
- Drug Stores – Your average Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid, are good places to look for psyllium husk supplements. You may be able to find psyllium powder, but you might be more likely to find a supplement like Metamucil, which contains added ingredients.
- Amazon – Amazon has everything. So as you can imagine, Amazon has a psyllium husk. The great thing about buying from Amazon is that you can shop around for competitive prices and buy in bulk to reduce costs.
- Walmart – You can find psyllium husk in pretty much any form at Walmart. To see if your local store has what you need, use the store locator on Walmart’s website.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods is another great store for all sorts of supplements and dietary aids. You should be able to find psyllium by itself and in supplement blends.
- Safeway – If Safeway is your grocery store, it does carry psyllium husk per the online inventory on its website.
- Trader Joe’s – Trader Joe’s sells its own brand of psyllium husk.
- Kroger – You can get whole husks and capsules at a Kroger store.
- Publix – Publix should also carry a variety of psyllium products, including fiber blends and whole husks.
See Also: Where to Find Okra in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Psyllium Husk
Make Gluten-Free Vegan Pizza Crust
Not everyone knows that you can use psyllium husk as a binder (like xanthan gum) in your baking. It works particularly well for gluten-free baked goods. Like pizza crust for vegan pizza!
Here’s a Related Article For You: Where to Find Old Bay Seasoning in the Grocery Store
Make Raw Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
That’s right. Raw vegan cinnamon rolls. These treats are dangerously scrumptious. Make them for a special vegan brunch…or just for fun. Any time is vegan cinnamon roll time.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Orzo in the Grocery Store
Use It in a Vegan Yogurt Recipe
Do you have an easy vegan yogurt recipe like this in your bookmarked recipes? Psyllium husk does the work of gelling the ingredients together to create smooth, creamy yogurt to top with granola and fresh berries.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!