Wondering where the pumpkin puree is hiding in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Pumpkin Puree In?
Pumpkin puree is sometimes considered a seasonal item, so you may not see it until fall rolls around. But generally, you'll find pumpkin puree in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
If there's a holiday section, that's the next place to check, especially if it's close to Thanksgiving time. Otherwise, check the canned goods aisle.
You may also see pumpkin puree in a promotional display by the entrance or in similar displays scattered around the store, including in the produce area.
Can't find the pumpkin puree? The stores listed below are known to carry it...
What Stores Sell Pumpkin Puree?
- Amazon - Even if it's out of season in the grocery stores in your area, you can usually get pumpkin puree on Amazon.
- Walmart - Check the baking and canned food aisles of Walmart for Great Value and Libby's. If you're looking for a different brand, use the store locator for product listings in any store.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods offers 365 brand pumpkin puree as well as brands like Fig Food Co., Pacific and Farmer's Market in the canned goods and baking sections.
- Your Local Health Food Store - You should be able to pick up organic pumpkin puree at any health food store during the season.
- Safeway - Safeway sells Signature Kitchens, O Organics and Libby's, which you'll see near the canned items and holiday ingredients.
- Trader Joe's - You'll find store brand pumpkin puree at Trader Joe's, though probably seasonally.
- Kroger - Going by a Kroger? Stop in for the store brand or Libby's in the canned goods aisle.
- Publix - Publix has its own brand of pumpkin puree in the holiday section of the store.
- Walgreens - If you're by a Walgreens or other drugstore, you can usually pick up pumpkin puree, but probably only on a seasonal basis.
Great Ways to Use Pumpkin Puree
Make Pumpkin Gnocchi
This is the kind of meal you can eat any time, in any season. It's a little sweet, a little savory and always impressive. To make it uber gourmet, add some fresh sage leaves to the sizzling vegan butter when you're pan-frying the garlic and gnocchi.
Make Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
Is there anything better than vegan pumpkin ice cream? OK, so pumpkin-flavored everything is delicious. If you want to get fancy-schmancy, try adding dairy-free chocolate chips or chai spices.
Make Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Trying to duplicate the Starbucks PSL (pumpkin spice latte) at home? With pumpkin puree, coconut milk and the proper seasonings, you'll be well on your way to enjoying vegan pumpkin spice lattes whenever you want.