Searching for fennel bulb in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking…
We’ll also tell you which stores typically carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Fennel Bulb In?
If your grocery store carries fennel bulb, you should find it in the produce aisles, probably near the root vegetables.
Check any specialty produce displays, too. Frequently, these are placed right where you enter the produce area.
One thing to keep in mind is that fennel bulb may only be available on a seasonal basis. For the best chance of finding it in your area, start checking around fall time.
Not sure where to buy fennel bulb? We’ve compiled a list of local and national stores most likely to have it…
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Epsom Salt in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Fennel Bulb?
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods is a good place to start looking for fennel bulb. You should find it right around the lettuces and root veggies.
- Your Local Health Food Store – It may not be available year-round at your local natural food store, but you should at least find fennel bulb during the cooler seasons.
- Safeway – Safeway stores tend to carry fennel bulb.
- Trader Joe’s – Perhaps not every Trader Joe’s sells fennel bulb, but it’s worth checking if yours does.
- Kroger – Fennel bulb is pretty widely available at Kroger supermarkets.
- Publix – Publix has been known to sell fennel bulb on a seasonal basis.
- Farmers Markets – You can often buy fennel bulb at farmers markets during the peak season.
- Ethnic Markets – Look in places like Mediterranean markets for fennel bulb.
Great Ways to Use Fennel Bulb
Add It to Salads
With its crispness and mild licorice flavor, fennel bulb is delightful in salads. It pairs beautifully with robust, peppery greens, sweet fruits and fresh herbs like mint and thyme.
Also Read: Where to Find Farro in the Grocery Store
Use It in Soups
If you do a little recipe hunting online, you’ll discover quite a long list of soups that feature fennel. From creamy soups to tomato soups, these recipes will make you look forward to soup season.
Also Related: Where to Find Fish Sauce in the Grocery Store
Use It in Side Dishes
Roasted, baked or sauteed fennel makes a fabulous side dish. Season it with garlic, salt and pepper and combine it with greens, roasted carrots, potatoes or any vegetable medley you prefer.
Here’s a Related Article for You: Where to Find Fresh Basil in the Grocery Store
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!