Searching all over the grocery store for espresso powder? We'll show you which aisles you can find it in...
We'll also tell you which stores typically carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Espresso Powder In?
Check the coffee aisle of the grocery store for espresso powder first. It may be sitting on the shelves with instant coffee, dark roast or whole bean espresso.
The international aisle is the next place to check. Some stores may keep it in the baking aisle, but this tends to be less common.
Not seeing espresso powder anywhere? Check out our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Espresso Powder?
- Amazon - Amazon has plenty of options, including King Arthur Flour Espresso Powder, Anthony's Espresso Baking Powder and imported products.
- Walmart - Look for DeLallo Instant Espresso Powder at Walmart. Use the store locator for product availability information in stores and online.
- Whole Foods - Look in the coffee section at Whole Foods for DeLallo or other brands of instant espresso powder.
- Target - You may not find espresso powder at Target, but you'll be able to pick up Café Bustelo or Pilon instant espresso granules, which you can either use in place of the powder or grind up in a coffee grinder.
- Safeway - If you're near a Safeway, stop in for DeLallo or Medaglia d'Oro products in the coffee aisle.
- Kroger - Kroger will have espresso powder in the coffee aisle.
- Publix - If Publix doesn't have espresso powder, you should be able to find instant espresso granules.
- Spice Shops - Quite often, spice shops carry espresso powder even though it's not technically a spice.
- Gourmet Food Stores - Any gourmet or specialty food store is a good place to search for espresso powder.
- Italian Markets - Some Italian markets may have espresso powder in addition to whole bean and ground espresso.
Read Also: Espresso Powder vs Instant Espresso
Great Ways to Use Espresso Powder
Make Vegan Desserts with It
Chocolate and espresso are made for each other. If you're making a batch of vegan espresso brownies, you can easily substitute espresso powder for brewed espresso. Keep it in mind for vegan cakes, tiramisu, puddings and truffles.
Make Vegan Lattes
If you don't have an espresso machine at home, no problem. Make espresso shots for a vegan latte with instant espresso powder or granules and hot water. This will work for soy lattes, almond milk mochas and any type of hot or iced latte you fancy.
Use It in Sauces
Making vegan gravy? Throw in some espresso powder to make it super rich and nuanced in flavor. It's sort of like adding white or red wine in that way. Think of espresso powder for vegan mole sauces and marinades as well as for sweet dessert sauces.