Trying to locate farro in the grocery store? There are a few different aisles it could be in, so we'll show you where to look...
We'll also tell you which stores tend to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Farro In?
If you're trying to find farro, the first place to check is the grain aisle. If it doesn't stand out on the shelves, look by the rice blends and alternative grains.
Farro might also be in the bulk section of the grocery store. Generally speaking, buying in bulk is the less expensive route.
You can also look in the natural food aisle. But if your grocery store separates natural foods in each aisle, check the organic section of the grain aisle.
If you're not seeing it anywhere, our store guide below can point you in the right direction...
Related Article: Where to Find Edamame in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Farro?
- Amazon - Amazon is a great place to shop for bulk farro and compare prices on different products and brands.
- Walmart - Walmart offers farro from its Great Value brand, which is often pretty cost-effective. You'll also be able to pick up Roland, Nature's Earthly Choice and other brands in the grain aisle. The website's store locator will show you what's available in each store.
- Whole Foods - Head to Whole Foods for bulk farro or 365 Everyday Value Organic Italian Farro.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Independent natural food stores may have bulk farro, but if you don't see it, try the other aisles for packaged farro.
- Target - Look in the pasta and grain aisle of Target for Simply Balanced Farro.
- Safeway - Safeway carries farro brands like Bob's Red Mill, Bartolini and Village Harvest.
- Trader Joe's - Shopping at Trader Joe's? Look for 10 Minute Farro in the aisle with dry pastas and grains.
- Kroger - Stop in at Kroger for Kroger brand farro as well as a few other brands.
- Publix - Publix stocks Nature's Earthly Choice and Bob's Red Mill.
- Ethnic Markets - Check ethnic markets for bulk and packaged farro. You may have luck in Middle Eastern markets in particular.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Epsom Salt in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Farro
Make a Farro Grain Bowl
The brilliant thing about grain bowls is that they're highly customizable. You just need a nice, versatile grain like farro, roasted or sauteed vegetables and something delicious to drizzle on top. Let your creative side shine! Try a Buddha bowl or a farro burrito bowl for lunch.
Use It in Soups
It's the chewy texture of farro that makes it perfect for soup. Use it in minestrone, lentil soup or even vegan chili. Farro is friend to all your favorite beans and veggies.
Make Vegan Farro Risotto
Sure, arborio rice is the traditional grain for risotto, but many chefs use farro instead for its rich, hearty texture. In fact, you can use farro in place of virtually any grain in all the classics.
Also Related: Where to Find Fish Sauce in the Grocery Store