Trying to figure out where the cornstarch is in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Cornstarch In?
The baking aisle is the first stop for cornstarch. Often, it's placed on the top shelf or on one of the upper shelves.
Most likely, it's close to the baking soda. In terms of where it is in the aisle, it may be situated closer to the flours or to the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. But it should be somewhere in that aisle.
If you haven't been able to find it, use our store guide below to see exactly where to go for cornstarch...
What Stores Sell Cornstarch?
- Amazon - Amazon is one of the best spots for bulk items. You can find literal buckets of cornstarch, which may be more cost-effective than buying small quantities at a time. Prices vary on Amazon, but you can usually find great prices on bulk products.
- Walmart - Check out Walmart for fairly priced Great Value Corn Starch, but there are plenty of other brands as well. Use the online store locator for pricing and availability.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods offers 365 Everyday Value Corn Starch as well as brands like Rumford and Argo.
- Target - If you're at Target, look for Clabber Girl or Argo.
- Vons - Vons supermarkets sell cornstarch brands like Bob's Red Mill, Signature Kitchens and Argo.
- Safeway - Head to Safeway for Argo, Signature Kitchens and Kingsford's cornstarch products.
- Trader Joe's - You should be able to pick up the store brand of cornstarch at any Trader Joe's.
- Kroger - Kroger stocks Argo as well as its own brand of cornstarch.
- Publix - You can get many different brands at Publix supermarkets, including Bob's Red Mill, Hodgson Mill and Iberia.
- Wegmans - Shop at Wegmans? Keep your eyes peeled for Wegmans Corn Starch.
Great Ways to Use Cornstarch
Make Vegan Cheese
Cornstarch is one of the best thickeners around, whether you're using it for sauces or vegan cheese. It'll make vegan cheeses super firm and totally sliceable. And it's quick. Now that you know the secret for fast and easy vegan cheese, get ready to experiment with different herbs and spices to your heart's content.
Turn It into Play Dough
No need to buy the stuff from the toy store. You and your little ones can make your own natural play dough with cornstarch and water. Try using vegan food dyes to make pretty colors.
Get Rid of Oil Stains with It
At some point, most everyone has encountered an oil stain on their clothing. If your favorite shirt has a big oil blotch on it, cornstarch can come to the rescue. It's a super effective grease stain remover. Neat, right?