Not sure where to find cinnamon sticks in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Cinnamon Sticks In?
Check the spice aisle first for cinnamon sticks. You may see them in a spice bottle in the same rack with other spices and seasonings, or even on a shelf nearby.
If your grocery store has a holiday or seasonal section, you may also find them there. As fall approaches, check displays in the front of the store, too.
Lastly, look in the bulk section. But if you haven't found cinnamon sticks anywhere, use our store guide below...
Related Article: Where to Find Cardamom Pods in the Grocery Store
What Stores Sell Cinnamon Sticks?
- Amazon - When you can't find cinnamon sticks in your area, head over to Amazon. You'll find lots of different options, including bulk cinnamon sticks, which are often cheaper.
- Walmart - Walmart sells cinnamon sticks from Great Value and other brands in the spice area. You can also pick up decorative cinnamon sticks in the arts and crafts section, but just note that these are not for seasoning food and drinks. They're strictly for looking pretty.
- Whole Foods - Going to Whole Foods? You can get bulk or bottled cinnamon sticks in the spice area.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Check your local natural food store for cinnamon sticks in bulk and in packages or spice bottles.
- Safeway - Safeway offers cinnamon sticks from McCormick, Morton & Bassett, Badia and other brands in the holiday and spice aisles.
- Trader Joe's - You'll find store brand cinnamon sticks at Trader Joe's.
- Target - Target stocks cinnamon sticks in the spice section of the store.
- Kroger - If you're going to a Kroger store, check the spice aisle for several brand options.
- Publix - Publix sells store brand cinnamon sticks in the spice aisle.
- Ethnic Markets - Cinnamon sticks can be purchased at a wide array of ethnic markets, including Latin, Indian and Middle Eastern markets.
- Asian Markets - Many Asian markets carry cinnamon sticks.
Also Read: Where to Find Chickpeas in the Grocery Store
Great Ways to Use Cinnamon Sticks
Spice up Your Cooking (and Drinks)
Whereas ground cinnamon can sometimes overwhelm a dish or beverage, cinnamon sticks are generally more subtle. Plus, they make gorgeous garnishes. Just remember to take them out of whatever you're infusing before enjoying.
Also Related: Where to Find Cocoa Powder in the Grocery Store
Decorate with Them
Remember when we said that cinnamon sticks make gorgeous garnishes? You're probably going to want to decorate with them in your home, too. Try these elegant candles, make holiday ornaments or just fill a vase with cinnamon sticks for woodsy table accents.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Coconut Water in the Grocery Store
Make Your Home Smell Amazing
If you dream of a cinnamon-scented home, make potpourri with cinnamon sticks, citrus and any ingredients with fragrances you love. This is so easy to do—no special equipment required!
Also Related: Where to Find Cornstarch in the Grocery Store