Searching all over the grocery store for chickpeas? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Chickpeas In?
If you're looking for chickpeas, head to the aisles with beans and rice. You should see canned and dried chickpeas around the pulses.
You may also find chickpeas in an organic food aisle. If your grocery store has a vegetarian and vegan aisle, check there, too.
Many grocery stores sell various kinds of pulses in bulk bins, so you may even spot dried chickpeas in the bulk section.
And if you're searching for chickpea snacks, the snack aisle is your best bet. The chickpeas you'll find here will likely be seasoned and ready to eat.
Still not sure where to find chickpeas? Use our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Chickpeas?
- Amazon - Shop on Amazon for chickpea snacks like Hippeas, canned chickpeas and chickpeas by the pound. Search around for different product types and bulk deals.
- Walmart - If you're headed to a Walmart, look for Great Value, Faraon, Jyoti and plenty of other options in the canned goods aisle. For product availability information in each store, use the online store locator.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods sells 365 brand canned chickpeas, Hippeas and other chickpea brands in the canned goods and snack areas.
- Your Local Health Food Store - It's totally possible that your local health food store offers bulk chickpeas. Otherwise, you're sure to find packaged dried or canned chickpeas.
- Target - Do you shop at Target? You can get Simply Balanced chickpeas for snacking and Goya canned chickpeas in the aisles with snacks and organic foods.
- Safeway - At Safeway you'll find chickpeas in the grains, canned goods and snack aisles.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's offers store brand chickpeas in canned and snack form.
- Kroger - Making your way to a Kroger store? Look for Goya, Ziyad and Cedar chickpeas in the grains and canned goods areas.
- Publix - Publix offers store brand chickpeas, among other options.
- Ethnic Markets - Indian, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Latin Markets typically carry chickpeas.
Great Ways to Use Chickpeas
Do you need your snacks to have that crunchy factor to be satisfying? If so, then roasted chickpeas are for you. There are so many different ways you can season them, so have fun and explore!
Make Mock Tuna Salad
Chickpeas are perfect for mock tuna salads. They have the right texture and savory flavor, and they're full of protein to keep you full from lunch straight through until dinner.
Make Chickpea Fritters
Here's an idea for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you try chickpea fritters and love them, look for similar recipes on the Internet like chickpea veggie burgers, savory pancakes, falafel and more.