Trying to locate the chia seeds in the grocery store? There are a few different aisles you should check...
We'll also tell you which stores carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Chia Seeds In?
If your grocery store has a health food or organic aisle, that may be the best place to begin your search. Chia seeds are considered specialty health food items in many supermarkets.
Other times, chia seeds are stocked in the baking aisle. Look for them with the natural ingredients or even where the gluten-free ingredients are kept.
Bulk bins sometimes have chia seeds, so take advantage of buying chia seeds in bulk if you have the option. It'll likely save you some money.
Otherwise, spice aisles are sometimes where chia seeds are kept. They could be bagged or sold in spice jars in the same rack with the standard spices.
But let's make this as simple as possible and talk about the stores that are known to stock chia seeds.
Check them out below...
What Stores Sell Chia Seeds?
- Amazon - You can find chia seed meal or whole chia seeds on Amazon. Do some bulk shopping here for better prices.
- Walmart - Walmart has Great Value brand chia seeds along with brands like Navitas and Nutiva. The store guide on the Walmart website will help you locate the brand you want.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Chances are very good that your local health food store sells chia seeds, possibly in bulk.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods brand 365 Everyday Value offers chia seeds, but there are plenty of other brands to choose from, too.
- Target - In the spice area will be a spice jar of Organic Chia Seed from Target's brand, Simply Balanced. If you want more than a spice jar's worth, there's Simply Balanced Organic Black Chia Seeds in a six-ounce bag.
- GNC - When you're shopping for chia seeds, GNC can most likely help you out. This store carries chia seeds from Nutiva.
- Walgreens - Walgreens sells Spectrum Chia Seed. You may find either the whole seed or the ground type.
- Safeway - If you're a Safeway shopper, you should be able to find at least one brand, whether it's Mama Chia Organic Chia Seed or Bob's Red Mill Whole Chia Seeds.
- Trader Joe's - One of the many branded items at Trader Joe's is Organic Chia Seed.
- Kroger - Kroger supermarkets sell Simple Truth, Spectrum and Bob's Red Mill chia seeds. Which brand your local store has may vary.
- Publix - Check Publix for GreenWise and Spectrum chia seeds.
Read Also: How To Store Chia Seeds Once Opened
Great Ways to Use Chia Seeds
Create Chia Pudding Parfaits
It's not very often that you get to eat a dessert that's actually healthy for you. This chia pudding parfait is totally customizable. Use cocoa powder to make chocolate pudding and top it with shredded coconut, fresh fruit and anything that sounds tasty.
Make Homemade Jam
No added sugar needed when you use sweet frozen berries. Just simmer them with chia seeds and, voila. You'll have an all-natural, rustic jam you whipped up in your very own kitchen.
Bake Vegan Apple Cake
Since chia seeds gel so nicely when mixed with water, they make excellent dessert ingredients, like in this apple cake recipe. Use them when you're looking for a soft, moist, decadent texture. Tip: Chia seeds can also form an egg replacer like flaxseeds mixed with water.
If you choose to soak your chia seeds in water, though, you'll need to know