Not sure where to find cardamom pods in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Cardamom Pods In?
Check the spice aisle first for cardamom pods. You can usually find them right in the spice rack with other whole and ground spices and herbs.
Next, try the international aisle. If they're in this aisle, you'll probably see them on the shelves with Indian products.
Lastly, look in the bulk area, especially if your grocery store has a bulk spice section. But if you can't seem to find cardamom pods anywhere, use our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Cardamom Pods?
- Amazon - It's super fast and easy to find cardamom pods in pretty much any quantity on Amazon. Usually, bulk prices will be the lowest.
- Walmart - Walmart sells cardamom pods in standard spice jars and in bulk, but what's available online and in stores varies. Check the store locator on the company website for details.
- Whole Foods - Head to the spice section at Whole Foods for both bulk and packaged cardamom pods.
- Your Local Health Food Store - You can also look for bulk cardamom pods at any health food store.
- Safeway - Safeway sells cardamom pods from McCormick and Morton & Bassett.
- Kroger - Look for McCormick, Spicely and Frontier cardamom pods in the spice and bulk aisles at Kroger.
- Publix - You'll find Badia cardamom pods at Publix, probably in the spice aisle.
- Indian Markets - Check any Indian market for cardamom pods.
- Asian Markets - You'll frequently see cardamom pods at Asian markets.
- Spice Shops - If you're near a spice shop or even a gourmet kitchen store, look for cardamom pods there.
Great Ways to Use Cardamom Pods
Make Chai Lattes
Whether you're adding more robust flavor to your chai-spiced tea or making your own spice blend for your vegan lattes, cardamom pods are key. Ground cardamom works too, but the pods are preferable for a fresher, brighter flavor.
Cook with Them
Cooking or roasting cardamom pods will release their delicious aromas and complex flavors. They complement all sorts of ingredients, including tomatoes, citrus fruits, curry spices and virtually all grains and pulses.
Bake with Them
One of the best things about cardamom pods is that you aren't really limited in how you can use them. If you love the flavor in your chai and in your cooking, try baking with them next and make vegan cookies, cakes, muffins, breads and plenty more.