Scanning the grocery store shelves for quinoa? We’ll tell you which aisles to check so you can find it fast…
We’ll also show you which stores carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Quinoa In?
Different grocery stores are going to put quinoa in different places. It’s a good idea to start with the rice aisle and zero in on the shelves with seasoned rice blends and alternative options like couscous.
If you don’t find it there, the next spot to check is the gluten-free aisle. Sometimes grocery stores have gluten-free sections marked on the aisle signs, and since quinoa is a gluten-free grain, it’s often stashed there.
If your grocery store has a bulk bin area, quinoa might be there, too. Buying quinoa in bulk can help you save money, which is helpful if you incorporate quinoa into your meals regularly.
Still other grocery stores create a “health food” section and put quinoa there. Anywhere that you might find specialty diet foods could be where the quinoa is kept.
Finally, it’s totally possible that there’s precooked quinoa in the frozen aisle. Often, these types of quinoa are mixed with veggies and seasonings, but sometimes they’re plain.
Otherwise, there are some key places that are known to sell quinoa. We’re listing them below…
Read Also: Quinoa vs Couscous
What Stores Sell Quinoa?
- Amazon – If you prefer online shopping for bulk pantry items, Amazon is your source. You can get a four-pound bag of quinoa, find specialty types and blends, and compare prices.
- Walmart – Walmart sells quinoa under its Great Value brand. You should be able to find Great Value Organic White Quinoa as well as a few other brands in the stores (use the store locator on the website to confirm that what you want is at the Walmart near you).
- Your Local Health Food Store – Mom-and-pop natural food stores pretty much always have quinoa. They may also have it in bulk bins.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods definitely has quinoa, including 365 Everyday Value brand Organic White Quinoa and frozen quinoa (plus other brands).
- Trader Joe’s – Trader Joe’s is another chain grocery store with its own quinoa, like Organic Sprouted Tricolor Quinoa.
- Target – If you have a Target in your area, the pasta and rice aisle is where the Simply Balanced quinoa varieties are. You can also get frozen prepared quinoa here.
- Safeway – Safeway sells quinoa from brands like O Organics and Bob’s Red Mill.
- Costco – Costco shoppers can buy Kirkland Signature Organic Quinoa.
- Stop & Shop – There are plenty of dry quinoas at Stop & Shop from TruRoots, Eden Organic and other brands.
- Kroger – The natural foods section of your Kroger grocery store should stock quinoa.
- Publix – Publix sells Ancient Harvest and GreenWise quinoas. Use the store locator online to see what’s in your grocery store.
Read Also: Where is Quinoa From?
Great Ways to Use Quinoa
Make Veggie Burgers
The best thing about veggie burgers is that they offer vegans a truly limitless menu. You can make them out of virtually any grain, bean or vegetable. Try black beans and quinoa like in this video, or make pan-fried quinoa cakes (equally delectable) and smother them in your favorite veggie burger sauces.
Related Article: Where Is Sauerkraut in the Grocery Store?
We all know that pancakes make any breakfast special, but did you know that quinoa flour can make some of the lightest, fluffiest pancakes ever? These fabulous blueberry pancakes will start your weekend off right.
Also Check Out: Where Is Simple Syrup in the Grocery Store?
Build a Buddha Bowl
Buddha bowls are big at the moment. They’re colorful meals packed with veggies, healthy grains and protein-rich tofu or beans. This bowl is perfectly balanced with greens, marinated tofu, roasted sweet potato and nutritious, delicious quinoa.
Also Read: Where Is Stuffing Mix in the Grocery Store?