Running up and down the aisles of the grocery store in search of agave nectar? Here are the aisles you'll find it in...
We'll also tell you which stores typically carry it...
Most grocery stores will keep agave nectar in the baking aisle. Look by the sugars and alternative sweeteners, or in a natural food section of the aisle.
If there's an aisle dedicated to natural foods, look there next. The agave should be grouped with other sweeteners or placed next to breakfast items.
There's a chance you could find agave nectar in the condiment and cereal aisles. Wherever maple syrup and honey are kept, that's probably where you'll find agave.
Read More: List of Vegan Cereals
The last place to check is the section of the grocery store with cocktail mixes. But if you haven't been able to find it anywhere, use our store guide below...
- Amazon - You'll have no trouble finding agave nectar on Amazon. In fact, this is one of the best places to buy it as you can often find lower prices on larger quantities than are sold in supermarkets.
- Walmart - Stop by Walmart for Great Value Organic Agave as well as plenty of other brands in the baking aisle.
- Whole Foods - If you go to a Whole Foods, look for brands like 365, Wholesome and Madhava organized with other sweeteners.
- Your Local Health Food Store - You'll definitely be able to get agave nectar at large and small natural food stores.
- Target - At Target you can buy Simply Balanced Organic Agave Nectar and Organic Agave in the Raw in the sweetener aisle. Otherwise, you can check for Tres Agaves Agave Nectar in the aisle with cocktail mixes.
- Safeway - Check Safeway for Herradura, Domino, Blue Green Organics and Agave in the Raw.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's offers store brand agave nectar.
- Kroger - Kroger carries a wide variety of agave brands. Look in the aisles with liquid sweeteners.
- Publix - If you're at Publix, look in the pantry section as well as the cocktail ingredients aisle.
- Ethnic Markets - You can check ethnic markets for agave nectar, particularly Latin markets.
You Might Also Like: Where Are Vanilla Beans in the Grocery Store?
Bake with It
Agave nectar can go into any kind of baked good. That means vegan cornbread, whole wheat bread, cookies, cakes, pies and more. Fortunately, it's super easy to work with as it can be equally exchanged for maple syrup, honey or any liquid sweetener a recipe calls for.
Related Article: Where Do You Find Clove Oil in the Grocery Store?
If you like sugar in your lattes, coffee or tea, trying switching to agave nectar. It's has a neutral flavor that won't alter the taste, and some people prefer it for its low glycemic value. Lots of coffee shops and cafes have agave nectar, so ask for it if you don't see it out.
If you like making tea, be sure to check out these teapots.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Almond Butter in the Grocery Store?
Use It in Salad Dressing