Trying to find almond butter in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Almond Butter In?
First, check the aisle with peanut butter and jelly. This is the most common organization method for almond butter. Often, these items will be in the condiment, cereal or baking aisle.
Next, check the organic or natural food aisle. You'll likely see nut butters grouped together with breakfast items. If it's not there, it might be in the gluten-free aisle.
You may also be able to pick up almond butter in the bulk section. But if you're not sure where to find it, use our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Almond Butter?
- Amazon - Amazon offers super fast and convenient shopping for a ton of pantry items. You can get different styles of almond butter as well as single-serving packets to grab on the go.
- Walmart - Walmart carries several different brands in the cereal and gluten-free areas, including Sam's Choice, MaraNatha and Justin's. The online store locator will show you which products are available in the store closest to you.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods is a good place to stop for bulk almond butter. You can also pick up 365 brand almond butter in the aisle with spreads and jams.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Here's another spot you may find bulk almond butter in. If not, you can always get jarred almond butter.
- Target - At Target? Look for Simply Balanced jars and packets of almond butter as well as brands like Justin's and MaraNatha in the peanut butter and jelly section.
- Safeway - Swing into Safeway for a wide variety of options in the aisle with spreads and jams.
- Trader Joe's - If you shop at Trader Joe's, you can grab the store brand of almond butter, probably in the breakfast foods aisle or near the produce.
- Kroger - If you're looking for almond butter at Kroger, check the condiment, gluten-free and bulk sections.
- Publix - Publix offers GreenWise Almond Butter in addition to brands like Justin's and MaraNatha.
Great Ways to Use Almond Butter
Make Almond Butter Cookies
Looking for a change from peanut butter cookies (delicious though they are)? How about almond butter cookies? They have a similar flavor and vibe, but they're just different enough for a refreshing alternative.
Make Vegan Nutella
Almonds create a lovely, complex flavor in vegan Nutella. You're essentially making a chocolate almond spread to enjoy on toast, in desserts or just by the spoonful, but it can be healthier than a lot of other premade spreads.
Use It in Smoothies
Almond butter is a great addition to vegan protein smoothies if you're doing a quick blended breakfast or cooling down from a workout. Or you can just add a spoonful or two right into any fruit smoothie. Try an almond butter and cacao powder combo for a decadent option.