Looking for vanilla beans in the grocery store? We’ll show you which aisles you should be checking…
We’ll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry them…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Vanilla Beans In?
First, check the spice aisle (or baking aisle) for whole vanilla beans. They may be in the same spot as the herbs and spices or nearby shelves.
Check the bulk area next if you don’t see bottled or packaged vanilla beans in the spice aisle. Grocery stores sometimes offer vanilla beans by the gram instead.
Check our store guide below if you’re having trouble finding vanilla beans. These places are known to stock them…
For more shopping tips, here’s a related article: Where Are Sesame Seeds in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Vanilla Beans?
- Amazon – There are tons of vendors on Amazon selling vanilla beans. Prices vary greatly, so look around for deals. Usually, you can find the best deals when you buy in bulk.
- Walmart – Walmart sells Great Value Organic Vanilla Bean in the spice aisle. You can also pick up Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Beans and other brands. If you’re not sure what’s available at the Walmart in your area, check the website’s store locator.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods may have its store brand of vanilla beans. If not, you’ll find spice jars of vanilla beans in the seasoning aisle.
- Your Local Health Food Store – You could get bulk vanilla beans at a health food store, but if not, you can probably get packaged vanilla beans.
- Safeway – Safeway carries vanilla beans from brands like McCormick, Lafaza, and Simply Organic.
- Trader Joe’s – Trader Joe’s has sold vanilla beans in the past and may still currently have them. Availability may be dependent on location.
- Kroger – Stop in at Kroger for McCormick, Simply Organic, or Spicely vanilla beans.
- Publix – Publix carries Spice Islands Bourbon Vanilla Bean and a few other brands.
- Wegmans – Wegmans stores sell Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Beans.
You Might Also Like: Where Can I Find Arugula in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Vanilla Beans
Make Vanilla Bean Paste
Using vanilla bean paste in place of vanilla extract from the store will make your baked treats taste gourmet. The vanilla flavor is so rich that you’ll wonder how you got along without it before.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Agave Nectar in the Grocery Store?
Use Them in Vegan Ice Cream
If you’ve never tried vegan vanilla ice cream crafted with vanilla beans, it’s a whole new experience. The potent flavor of the vanilla bean is truly luxurious. It’ll also complement any flavor combination with fruits, spices, herbs, and chocolate.
You Might Also Like: Where Is Arborio Rice in the Grocery Store?
Use Them in Granola
If you usually add a splash of vanilla extract to your granola, try vanilla beans instead. Powderize them in a spice grinder or coffee grinder so that they’re fully incorporated for an even, robust flavor. Tip: Any breakfast or baked good can be made with vanilla bean powder or paste.
Also Read: Where Is Arrowroot in the Grocery Store?