Trying to find capers in the grocery store? We're here to help. These are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores generally carry them...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Are Capers In?
In most grocery stores, capers will be in the condiment aisle. That is, wherever the olives and pickles are kept. Capers should be right around those shelves.
The second spot capers might be in is the international aisle. Look around for Italian products. It's also possible that they'll be with the pastas and pasta sauces.
If you're having trouble finding them, try one of the stores below. They all typically carry capers...
What Stores Sell Capers?
- Amazon - Amazon sells capers you can stock up on in large quantities as well as a large assortment of brands. Plus, it's super convenient shopping.
- Walmart - You may want to pop into Walmart for capers. There are various brands to select from, but use the store locator on Walmart's website to find out what's available in individual stores.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Independent natural food stores tend to carry specialty items like capers.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods has 365 Everyday Value Organic Capers, which will be near the olives.
- Target - You should find capers from Target's brand Market Pantry at any Target store.
- Safeway - Safeway offers its own brand of capers in addition to brands like Goya and Cento.
- Trader Joe's - Love Trader Joe's brand? You can buy the store brand capers at pretty much any location.
- Kroger - If you live near a Kroger store, you can get Napoleon, Goya or Crosse & Blackwell capers there. Each store may carry one or more of these brands.
- Publix - Publix offers a wide variety of capers from Goya, Fragata, Lindsay and other brands.
- Italian Markets - Where there's an Italian market, there are probably capers. They're often featured in Italian cuisine.
Great Ways to Use Capers
Make Caponata Pasta
Caponata is an eggplant dish from Sicily that can be served on crostini or tossed with pasta. The briny and citrusy qualities of the capers are gorgeous in this pasta dish as well as any pasta with red or creamy vegan white sauce.
This olive and caper dip is perfect for serving at parties or as an appetizer before the main course. You can even use it as a sandwich spread—which we definitely suggest.
Use It in Vegan Aioli
The flavor of any vegan mayo-based spread or white sauce can be enhanced by capers. Even if all you're doing is a white wine and garlic sauce, throw in some capers to give it complexity.