Looking for a stainless steel built in microwave? We’ve hand-curated 7 options that are beautiful and sleek. A sure upgrade for any kitchen space.
Let’s check out some of these stainless built-ins…
For more microwave options, check out our picks for the best microwave toaster oven combo.
Don’t have time to read? Here’s a quick summary of the products we recommend.
|Sharp R-1214 1-1/2- Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave, Stainless||A|
|Frigidaire Built-in Microwave, Stainless Steel||A|
1. Sharp R-1214 1-1/2- Cubic Feet 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave, Stainless
The lighted LCD display means that you can easily see what you are doing with this microwave, even if you struggle to see clearly in the dark. Thanks to the keep warm feature, your food can stay hot and at a safe temperature for up to a half an hour after cooking, which means you don’t need to worry about reheating it later. Additionally, this microwave boasts an impressive 1100 watts of power, which is more than enough to quickly heat, cook, or defrost most anything in your kitchen.
Enjoy the instant action keys that allow you to push a single button and then walk away while the microwave does the work for you. No matter if you are comfortable speaking French, Spanish, or English, the interactive cooking system will provide you with help in your chosen language, making it easy to use in any kitchen. Thanks to the cabinet task lighting, you can see what you are working on underneath the microwave.
- Sensor settings ensure a perfect cook of your food
- Easy to mount and to use without worrying about it falling
- At 46 pounds, this microwave is very heavy
- Some users have reported that the interior light isn’t very bright
2. Frigidaire Built-in Microwave, Stainless Steel
You never have to worry about the size of the dishes you are going to place in your microwave when you opt for this model from Frigidaire. Not only is this appliance incredibly powerful, but it is also designed with an incredibly large interior so you can easily heat up anything without worrying about the size of the dish. It can easily hold a 9 x 13 baking dish, which will allow you to focus on the rest of your cooking. There are many one touch cooking options for you to choose from that will provide you with the perfect cook each time.
Additionally, this microwave features multi-stage cooking. This allows you to program cooking times and power levels all at once, which means that you can defrost, cook, and even keep your meal warm without having to stop and make adjustments on the microwave. These options can be easily accessed thanks to the intuitive control panel.
- The contemporary style of this microwave will update your kitchen
- Ready-select controls are fast and easy to use
- Some users are concerned about the microwave having ample ventilation when enclosed with a trim kit
3. Panasonic 22” 1.6 cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-In Microwave with Genius Sensor and Inverter Technology
Thanks to the attractive stainless steel of this built-in microwave, not only will your microwave look amazing once it is installed, but it will also be very easy to wipe down the front when it gets dirty so that you don’t have to deal with splashes and splatters. This microwave isn’t just attractive, it’s also very powerful and able to heat, cook, steam, braise, and poach food without worrying about it overcooking the food and having it become dry and tasteless. That’s thanks in part to the genius sensor button that Panasonic has included with this microwave.
Not only does the genius sensor automatically set the power level for cooking with the microwave, but it will also adjust the defrosting or cooking time for the perfect meal each time you use the microwave. By measuring how much steam your food releases during cooking, the microwave can tell how much longer your food needs to be heated. Additionally, if you forget to thaw food for your dinner, you can easily thaw it, thanks to the turbo defrost, so you aren’t stuck trying to defrost frozen food and damaging it, instead.
- Child lock feature prevents children from operating the microwave
- 14 presets make it easy to start the microwave and walk away
- Has a keep warm feature to keep your food from getting cold after cooking
- There are some reports that the microwave is incredibly large, which may make it difficult to fit into your built-in space
Related Article: 8 Sleek-Looking Double Oven Microwave Combo Options
4. Panasonic 21” 1.2 cu. Ft. Countertop/Built in Microwave
Enjoy continual heating and defrosting power with this attractive and powerful microwave that offers not only exceptional heating, but also an incredible ease of use. Thanks to the advanced technology included in this microwave, you will be able to easily heat, thaw, cook, and more without worrying about drying out your food or causing it to become bland and overcooked. Additionally, the button panel and pop-out dial make it very simple to set and adjust the time on your microwave. When you are finished, you can easily press the button back into the face of the microwave so that it has a sleek front that is attractive and easy to clean.
You can count on the 10 power settings in addition to the 12 different one touch menu items to ensure that you have perfectly cooked food. Additionally, this microwave has a menu screen that is multilingual, making this an appliance that is easy for most anyone to use without any problems. You’re sure to love the durable turntable and how smoothly it rotates for even cooking and heating of your food.
- The sleek and contemporary look will update your home
- Unlike some microwaves without handles, this one is easy to open
- Some users have reported that the microwave will suddenly fail without warning
- There are some reports of the key pad shutting off and not restarting
You Might Also Like: 7 Large Capacity Microwave Oven Options Great for Large Families
5. Panasonic 17” 1.3 cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-In Microwave
One thing that everyone can agree upon about this microwave is that it is incredibly stylish and attractive, thanks to the stainless steel body. The membrane keypad is not only very attractive and easy to use, but it also wipes clean without any problems as there aren’t any buttons for food to get caught in when you are cleaning the face of your microwave. With automatic and manual cooking options, you can easily set this microwave to perfectly heat and cook your food so that you can have a meal on the table in a hurry, no matter how many people you are cooking for. The genius sensor makes it easy to reheat and cook food to the perfect temperature without the meal drying out or overheating and will set the time and cook level for you.
With seven preset menu buttons, you can easily turn on the microwave and walk away while it works without worrying about the condition of your food. Additionally, this microwave comes complete with other features, including a delay start, quick 30-second addition, clock, and 3-stage cooking. Together, these features make this microwave one of the most powerful and easy to use ones on the market.
- Matching trim kit ensures that your installation looks incredible
- 1100 watt power offers all of the heating and cooking power you need
- Some users have reported that the button to open the door is stiff and difficult to operate
- There are reports that the microwave tends to move when you push the button to open the door
6. Panasonic 23” 2.2 cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-In Microwave with Genius Sensor and Inverter Technology
While many microwaves aren’t able to deliver continual cooking even when you are using a lower power level, that is not a problem with this great microwave from Panasonic. You can rest easy knowing that no matter how high or low you are cooking, you will enjoy continuous cooking that will result in a perfect meal each and every time. Thanks to the sensor cooking, you never have to guess about how long or what temperature to cook your meal, as the microwave will do all of the work for you.
This microwave is more than just an attractive appliance that you will love to have in your kitchen, it also is in compliance with 2016 DOE standards for energy conservation, which means that you won’t have to worry about how much energy it will consume to operate this microwave.
The glass turntable is easy to remove and to clean so there won’t be anything staining the inside of your microwave and affecting food quality.
- Unlike other powerful microwaves, this one is very quiet
- Does a great job defrosting food without cooking it at the same time
- Some users have stated that this microwave is much larger in person than they expected and it’s difficult to find a place for in the kitchen
7. Panasonic Genius Sensor 1200W Countertop/Built-In 20.7” 1.2 cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave with Inverter Technology
While some powerful microwaves don’t look very modern, this sleek stainless steel microwave will look right at home in a very updated and modern kitchen thanks to the design. Not only does it have a streamlined front without a handle that will keep the microwave from sticking out of the built-in, but it also has a control panel with a membrane that appears embossed. Not only is this control panel attractive, but it is also very easy to use, which means that you don’t have to worry about how hard you need to push a button to make the microwave work for you. Additionally, you can purchase an additional trim kit that will improve the way the microwave looks in the built-in and ensure that it appears to be streamlined with the kitchen.
Enjoy 10 different power levels and 14 preset features along with 1200 watts of cooking power that will give you complete control over your meals. This microwave also boasts the ability to quickly and evenly defrost food so you can have a meal on the table in a short period of time, even if you have forgotten to prepare.
- Offers an incredibly fast cook
- Incredibly compact and easy to fit into most built-in spaces
- There are some reports of this microwave being smaller than expected and not having enough room inside for cooking
Recommended Article: 9 Microwave Oven with Dial Control Options That Fantastic
BONUS: If you’re looking for a compact microwave for small spaces, check out our guide for the Best Microwave for College Dorm Room.