Are you looking for a light blue microwave oven? They're rare indeed. But we managed to find 5 options that will add a beautiful nostalgic and retro touch to your space.
Let's check out the microwaves...
Related: Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combos
1. Nostalgia Retro Series 17.5” 0.7 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
If you are in the market for a fun and retro microwave that works perfectly and will brighten up a corner of your kitchen, then this is the right microwave for you. Not only is the light blue color incredibly appealing, but the chrome accents really make the color pop. The handle of the microwave is sleek but easy to grasp, so you don’t have to struggle with opening the microwave when it is done heating your food. Additionally, this microwave comes with a turn-and-push program dial that makes it fast and easy to heat or cook food. By turning the dial you can quickly select a programmed cook setting so that you don’t spend a long time trying to operate your new appliance.
Additionally, this microwave has plenty of space, so you can heat up food for one person or a small family, and, thanks to the durable rotating glass carousel, you don’t need to worry about hot spots. You can use a standard dinner plate in this microwave without worrying about whether not there will be enough room for it to rotate freely. Keep an eye on your food through the window so that you can stop the microwave before the cycle ends, if necessary.
- Bright LED display makes it easy to use the microwave and to see how much time is left on the heating cycle
- Five power levels allow you to customize your heating so you don’t accidentally burn or dry out the food that you are warming up
- Compact size is ideal in a small kitchen
- Some users have reported that it is more difficult to use than traditional microwaves tend to be
- There are reports that the microwave doesn’t offer enough power to easily heat certain foods and will take longer than other models to thoroughly heat a meal
2. Big Chill Retro Microwave, Beach Blue
It can be difficult to find a microwave that has both modern and retro appeal, but if you want a microwave that looks old-timey but works just as well as other options available on the market, then this may be the perfect option for you, as there is plenty of attention to detail that really sets this microwave apart from others. The sleek chrome legs lift the body of the microwave off of your counter and really set off the shape of the appliance so that you can enjoy it.
Not only does this microwave look great, but it does a wonderful job of heating up your food, and, thanks to the popcorn button and the defrost cycle, you won’t have to worry about how well it will help you with meal prep and cooking. with 1200 Watts of cooking power, you won’t ever experience a problem with this microwave being unable to offer you the heating power that you need, and you can rest assured that any problems will be taken care of by the manufacturer, thanks to the one-year warranty on labor and parts.
- Control lock ensures that nobody in the house uses the microwave without permission and prevents children from being injured or microwaving something they shouldn’t
- Offers sensor cooking so that you don’t accidentally dry out or burn the food that you’re heating up, even though the microwave is incredibly powerful
- Stainless steel body is easy to wipe down and will not easily stain when food is splashed onto the microwave
- At 36 pounds, this microwave is very large and can be difficult for some people to move, especially if they have upper body weakness
3. Daewoo KOR07R3ZEL 0.7 cu. ft. 700W Retro Countertop Microwave Oven, City Blue
This light blue microwave may be small, but it has plenty of power, as well as a 10” turntable that will allow you to heat up, defrost, or cook most anything in it without problems. Thanks to the Concave Reflex System, this microwave does a wonderful job of cooking food evenly and quickly. This is a very efficient emission of microwaves that prevents food from drying out and ensures that there aren’t hot spots in your meal.
Unlike other microwaves without this efficient type of emission, when you use this microwave from Daewoo, you don’t need to worry about regularly monitoring your food during use, as it will produce great results every time.
You are sure to love the five different power levels that you can choose from, as well as the auto cook option, which means that you don’t have to worry about selecting the right cook option. Because of the preprogrammed settings, you can easily set the microwave and walk away without having to worry about whether or not it will complete the task that you want. The interior light turns on when the microwave is running, which allows you to see your food without using too much energy.
- The defrost button on the microwave works very well and defrosts food evenly without burning it
- Attractive design looks great in any kitchen
- It’s small enough to fit in a tiny kitchen without taking up too much counter room
There are some reports of the power button falling off inside the unit, which means that the microwave can’t be used any more
- Some users have reported that the microwave will suddenly stop working without any warning
- There are reports of the microwave shutting down when used for more than a few minutes at a time
- Does not display the time while on standby and has to be powered on before use
4. Big Chill Retro Microwave 1.6 cu. ft. 1200 watts Turquoise
This attractive blue microwave is reminiscent of a retro TV set and the inspired shape is sure to make it a favorite appliance in your kitchen. The stainless steel construction is exceptionally durable and designed to ensure that even when you accidentally knock into the microwave, it will not be damaged.
This means that by purchasing this microwave from Big Chill, you will be making an investment in the future of your kitchen and won’t have to worry about the appearance or the function of your microwave. Even though your new microwave will look incredibly retro, there are some modern features that you are sure to love and that will set it apart from other microwaves on the market.
This retro inspired microwave offers an incredible 1200 Watts of cooking power, which means that you don’t need to worry about whether or not it will be able to heat or cook the food you want.
Additionally, there are nine one-touch cooking modes that will allow you to quickly set the microwave and then walk away. Thanks to the safety lock, as well as the multi-stage cooking, you can rely on this powerful microwave to provide you with the help and support that you need in the kitchen. It’s a hand assembled appliance, which means that there was great attention to detail during the design process, and this ensures that your microwave will work perfectly.
- Powder coating ensures that the color not only lasts, but also provides an exterior that is resistant to fading, wearing, chipping, and scratching
- Can remove the feet if the microwave is too tall for your space
- Offers enough heating power to quickly warm up any food
- Some users have reported that the feet scratched their counters
- There are reports of the front door not being perfectly flush with the unit’s top
5. Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro 800-Watt Countertop Microwave Oven, 0.9 cu. ft, Aqua
You won’t ever have to worry about whether or not your food will be cooked evenly when you opt for this microwave, as it features a durable rotating glass carousel that not only helps your food heat evenly, but is also very easy to clean.
You can easily choose from the various cooking settings by using the turn and push dial, which will allow you to pick your settings quickly and without pushing a lot of buttons.
There are 12 preprogrammed settings for you to choose from including a delay time and even express cooking for when you are in a hurry. Finally, the LED display is bright enough to read from across the room and tells you the time and cook setting that you have chosen.
- The dial and push start are incredibly easy to use and do not cause the microwave to beep a lot the way that traditional microwaves with control buttons do
- Even though the microwave is small and doesn’t take up a lot of counter space, it offers a roomy interior that can easily fit a standard dinner plate
- The chrome lines on the exterior create an attractive appearance and update the microwave
- There are some reports of the microwave never working once it was plugged in
- Some users have reported that the microwave will work for a short period of time before turning itself back off
- There are some reports of the outside and top of the microwave getting incredibly hot while the appliance is running