Looking for a microwave oven with dial control? You're in the right place. We've rounded up 9 dial microwaves that are as functional as they are beautiful and nostalgic.
For more microwave options, check out our picks for the best microwave toaster oven combo.
Related: Best Toaster Microwave Oven Combos
1. Westinghouse 16” 0.9 c. ft. Countertop Microwave
This powerful countertop microwave is ideal for heating up leftovers or helping with food preparation and is designed to be incredibly easy to use. From the durable handle that is easy to grip when you open or close the microwave to the rotary dial controls, you won’t have any problems using this microwave, even if you suffer from arthritis in your hands or have weak fingers.
The smaller size of this microwave means that it won’t take up a lot of space on the counter, which makes it ideal in smaller kitchens or for a single person. The included turntable may be small, but it is durable and able to hold and turn any food that you want to heat up.
- This microwave is incredibly easy to use
- Offers plenty of power, even though it is a smaller option than others on the market
- There are some reports that this microwave is very small and doesn’t offer all of the inside space that you need
2. Nexel 20” 0.9 cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave
Unlike other small microwaves on the market, this commercial option from Nexel is as powerful as it is affordable, which makes it perfect for someone who needs a microwave that is easy to operate. Not only will you be able to quickly heat up your food or drinks, but thanks to the easy-to-turn dial, you never have to worry about the right heat setting.
Even though this microwave is rather small when compared to others on the market, it is incredibly durable and able to withstand long periods of use. The interior light and the see-through door make it easy to check on what you are heating up, and you can run the microwave for six minutes at a time for the best heating.
- 1000 watts of power is enough to heat most food
- The dial is very easy to use and to set, and since the times are clearly labeled, you won’t overcook your food
- There isn’t a turntable, which means that your food needs to be manually turned and stirred for optimal heating
3. Westinghouse 18” 0.6 cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave
You can easily use the dial on this microwave to set the heat or cook time anywhere from one minute to a half an hour, which will ensure that you can quickly and correctly heat and cook your meal.
Because it has a very small footprint, this microwave is ideal in smaller kitchens and won’t take up too much space. It is constructed to be very durable and long lasting so you don’t have to worry about it being damaged.
Additionally, the handle has been designed to be easy to grasp and pull, so even owners who suffer from decreased hand strength can easily use this microwave without problems. Rely on the two dials to find the perfect setting for heating or defrosting.
- It is very easy to operate and will quickly heat up food
- Has a number of settings on the dial to choose from for best results
- Some users are disappointed that the microwave doesn’t have a clock
- There are some reports of the microwave slipping and sliding on the counter when opening and closing the door
4. Panasonic 22” 1.6 cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-in Microwave with Genius Sensor and Inverter Technology
You don’t have to sacrifice style when you opt for this attractive microwave that looks as nice as it functions. Thanks to the inverter technology included in this appliance, you don’t have to worry about your food drying out when it is heating or cooking, which will ensure that you are able to put delicious meals on the table in no time at all.
While it does have some buttons on the interface, the spin dial is very easy to operate and will take all of the guesswork out of heating up your food. Thanks to the dial, this microwave is easy for anyone to operate, even if they have problems with arthritis in their hands.
- Quickly and evenly heats up food
- Very quiet when running and won’t disturb your family
- Unlike other dial microwaves, this one is much larger and will take up more counterspace
5. Nostalgia Retro Series 17.5” 0.7 cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave
This fun microwave is sure to make you feel nostalgic, thanks to its attractive blue color and retro appearance. The sleek handle is very easy to pull and makes opening the microwave incredibly easy.
While there are a few preset buttons that you can choose from when using this microwave, the program dial makes operating it incredibly fast and simple. This means that you won’t spend a lot of time guessing the settings for your heating or cooking needs.
Additionally, this fun microwave has a glass rotating carousel that will allow your food to cook evenly so you don’t have to deal with any hot spots. Thanks to the bright LED display, you can easily ready the cook time on your microwave so you know when your food will be ready.
- The compact size allows it to fit easily in small kitchens
- Preset defrost option makes preparing dinner faster than ever
- Some users have reported that the microwave is difficult to use and to set to the correct time
- There are reports of the microwave easily being damaged and chipping
6. Impecca CM0674 700-Watts Countertop Microwave Oven, 120V 0.6 Cubic Feet, Black
The mechanical dial controls on this microwave are not only incredibly easy to turn so you have complete control over what you are cooking or heating, but they are also clearly labeled so even users who struggle with vision problems can read the numbers and words easily. Thanks to the smaller size, this microwave is ideal in small kitchens or in dorms.
The black exterior is attractive and won’t show a lot of stains or splatters, which means that you don’t have to spend as much time cleaning your microwave to keep your kitchen looking nice. There are six different cooking power levels that you can choose from, making it easy to pick the right one for your needs and to keep your food from drying out.
- The microwave dings when it is finished, making it easy for vision impaired users to tell when their food is done
- The knobs are incredibly easy to turn
- There are some reports that the microwave has problems evacuating moisture
- Some users have reported that the microwave is very loud when it is in use
7. Breville 21” 1.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
This brushed stainless steel microwave is incredibly attractive, has a kitchen time, clock display, and even a volume control so that you won’t be bothered by how loud the microwave is when it finishes. Not only are there one touch auto buttons to make heating up food fast and easy, but the power and time knobs make it easy to customize your cooking or heating. Not only is this microwave easy to use, but it offers you all of the power that you want and need when heating or cooking food, which means that you don’t have to worry about hot and cold spots in your food.
- Hidden buttons behind the microwave door keep the front interface clean and neat
- While there are a lot of features, the dials are perfectly functional and easy to use
- Some users have reported that the painted markings on the buttons wear off really quickly
- There are reports that it is difficult to see the time from across the room as the microwave is not backlit
8. Samsung 21” 1.1 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave with Power Convection
It can be difficult and time consuming to clean the inside of your microwave, but not when you opt for this appliance from Samsung.
Not only does this microwave feature a few buttons for fast cooking, but the dial is large enough to grasp easily and easy to use. This means that you can make adjustments to your cooking without having to worry about reading buttons on the appliance, which is great for users who are suffering from vision problems.
Additionally, the convection cooking in the appliance allows you to do much more than simply reheat leftovers.
- Door drops open instead of swinging to the side, which saves space
- Handle is easy for users to grasp and pull down
- There are some reports of the microwave suddenly not heating food any longer
9. Amana RMS10DS Light-Duty Commercial Microwave Oven with Dial Timer
If you are in the market for a straightforward microwave that is easy to use and only has one dial, then this is the best option for you. Not only is it large enough to accommodate 12” plates, but also smaller servings and frozen meals. The see-through door allows you to monitor cooking so you don’t worry about overheating your food and drying it out.
The dial allows you to set the cook time from 15 seconds to six minutes, and the LED indicators make it easy for you to glance over and monitor how much time is remaining. The dial is slightly textured to ensure that you can have a firm grip on when you are turning the dial so you don’t accidentally lose your grip.
- Very easy to clean the inside, as there isn’t a turntable to move
- Built to stand up to multiple uses a day
- Some users have reported that the dial is made of plastic and shows signs of wear quickly
- There are reports that the fan is loud and continues to run after use, which makes the appliance very noisy