Are you looking for a large capacity microwave oven? You've come to the right spot. We've personally selected 7 great large microwave options that look great and will work perfectly for large families.
Large microwaves are great at preparing large batches of food quicker than an oven with much less of a mess. Reheat big trays of leftovers and plop it right on the table on a weekday. Now, let's check out some of these microwaves...
To learn more about microwave cooking, check out Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo.
1. Panasonic 23” 2.2 cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-In Microwave with Genius Sensor and Inverter Technology
This microwave is ideal for anyone who is remodeling their kitchen and isn’t sure if they want their microwave on the countertop or installed in a built-in, as it can work in either location.
Thanks to the inverter technology, this microwave has constant cooking power, no matter whether you are operating at a higher or lower level, which ensures that your food tastes amazing and has the best possible texture. You can poach, steam, braise, heat, and cook food in this appliance without losing the flavor.
With the sensor cooking button, you never have to worry about how long you need to run the microwave, as it will automatically adjust defrosting or cooking time and power levels for the best result. With 19 different presets, you never have to guess when trying to cook, heat, or defrost food.
- Turbo defrost setting allows you to defrost frozen food quickly
- Attractive stainless steel body is easy to clean
- Child lock feature keeps children safe and prevents them from operating the microwave
- Some users have reported that using the microwave on the countertop will take up most of your space
Related Article: 8 Sleek-Looking Double Oven Microwave Combo Options
2. GE Profile 24” 2.2 cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave
This large microwave isn’t just big enough to handle any amount of food that you want to cook, defrost, or heat, but it also looks incredibly stylish, as well, which makes it a very welcome addition in any kitchen.
The sensor cooking controls included with this microwave prevent you from accidentally burning your meal, as the appliance will automatically adjust cook time and power levels to prevent you from ruining your food. Additionally, the instant on-controls mean that you don’t have to spend a long time trying to program the microwave.
The included turntable rotates smoothly and evenly to prevent hot spots in your food, and the express cook buttons make getting a meal heated and on the table faster than ever before.
- Incredibly easy to operate
- Durable enough to be used multiple times back to back or for longer periods of time without burning out
Able to defrost frozen food very quickly
- Some users have reported that the door is very difficult to get open and that they had to press the button multiple times to open the microwave
- There are reports that the microwave doesn’t distribute heat as evenly as other models on the market do
3. Café 30” 2.1 cu. Ft. Over-The-Range Microwave
If you are going to be installing a microwave over your range, then you want to make sure that you choose one that is not only attractive, as it will be a focal point in your kitchen, but is also very powerful, and this microwave is the perfect choice. It features a number of different settings, can pause in the middle of heating food, and also offers a vent fan and surface light to make it easier to see what you are cooking on your stove.
When you opt for this powerful microwave you will enjoy the streamlined look that it creates in your kitchen as well as the sensor cooking. Gone are the days of accidentally burning your food or having food unevenly defrost in the kitchen thanks to the powerful sensors on this microwave.
- Features smart steam cooking for healthier meals
- Does a great job heating and defrosting in a short period of time
- Durable enough to stand up to use in a busy kitchen
- There are reports that the plastic handle on the microwave looks and feels low-quality when compared to the rest of the appliance
- Some users have reported that the top vents in the microwave allow dust to enter
4. Sharp Carousel Countertop Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel, 2.2 Cubic Ft.
Where to Buy: Houzz
Thanks to the +30 on this button, you can instantly start cooking or heating your food without spending a lot of time trying to find the right settings for your meal. Not only is this microwave powerful enough to easily heat, cook, or defrost anything that you want, but it also has the added benefit of being able to hold your warm food at the right temperature for up to half an hour after cooking.
This means that you don’t have to worry about trying to heat your food back up at a later time, which can cause a loss of food quality. Additionally, the incredibly large size of this microwave means that you can easily cool or heat any amount of food, which makes it ideal for a larger family.
The optional trim-kit improves the appearance of the microwave and helps it fit in with the rest of your décor. The 10 cooking power levels ensure that you can choose the right power each time you use the microwave and that you won’t accidentally burn your food.
- It is very easy to open the door
- Durable turntable is made of glass and very easy to clean
- Preset options make heating drinks or making popcorn faster than ever
- Some users have reported that the microwave tends to be noisy when it is in operation
There are some reports that the sensor cook doesn’t work well and will regularly overcook your food
Recommended Article: 9 Microwave Oven with Dial Control Options That Fantastic
5. Kenmore Elite 2.2 cu. Ft. Counter Top Microwave Oven w/ Inverter
This microwave has 12 different power levels, which means that you won’t ever have to worry about whether you are using too much power to cook or not enough to thoroughly heat or defrost your meals.
When you are going to reheat leftovers you can rely on the sensor reheating feature to ensure that your food is warmed through, but still tasty and not overcooked. While there are many microwaves that have a large capacity like this one, this microwave from Kenmore has a very large turntable that makes it easy for you to use long cookware without the cookware being unable to turn completely.
If you are in the market for a stylish black microwave that is easy to clean and won’t show stains or splatters, then this is a great option for you. Unlike other microwaves that stay damp inside when the cycle is complete, which can cause mold to grow, the fan in this microwave will continue to run for a short period, removing moisture from inside the microwave and stopping mold growth.
- This microwave can greatly decrease the amount of time you spend defrosting food
- The white letters on the control panel are easy to read against the black of the microwave
- The inside is roomy enough to easily accommodate large dinners
- Some users have reported that the touch-pad is not as responsive as touch-pads on other microwaves tend to be
- There are reports that due to the size and weight of the microwave, it is very difficult to move around on the counter
6. GE PEB7226DFBB Profile 2.2 cu. Ft. Black Countertop Microwave
Where to Buy: No products found.
Thanks to the one-year warranty on this microwave, you won’t have to worry about it failing you while you heat, cook, and defrost. This appliance has 1,100 watts of power, which means that it can easily handle any food or job that you want it to complete without failing you.
Additionally, with 10 different cooking levels, it’s easy for you to customize the heating or cooking of your microwave for the best results. Unlike other microwaves that tend to be a little difficult to understand how to use, when you opt for this appliance from GE, all of the buttons are clearly labeled and make sense.
This means that you won’t have to worry about accidentally over or under cooking your food. Additionally, the included sensor will set the cook time and power level for you so that you have perfect food each time you use this microwave.
This microwave is very easy to clean and will continue to look great even in a busy kitchen with lots of splatters and spills
- The cook levels and times are easy to set, and the buttons are clearly labeled
- Some users have reported that the microwave will smoke and fail without warning
- There are some reports of the microwave being incredibly noisy and unpleasant to listen to
Further Reading: 7 Stainless Steel Built In Microwave Options to Upgrade Any Kitchen
7. LG NeoChef 2.0 cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave
You won’t ever have to worry about the turntable in your microwave getting off track when you opt for this model from LG.
Thanks to the six wheels instead of just the normal three, this turntable is designed to stay on track for long periods of time and to rotate consistently so that your food defrosts, heats, or cooks evenly. Rather than having to open the door to look inside at your food, you can rely on the LED lighting to allow you to check on your food through the door, which will prevent the loss of heat in the microwave.
The anti-bacterial coating on the inside of the microwave not only allows you to wipe the surface clean easily, but also prevents mold and mildew from growing inside and affecting your food. With sensor cook and reheat options, as well as a popcorn and defrost button, this microwave is easier than ever to use.
- Does a great job cooking and heating food evenly
- Sensing feature makes it easy to reheat food in a hurry without having to monitor the microwave the entire time
- There are reports that the keypad will stop working and the microwave needs to be unplugged to restart it
- Some users have reported that it is impossible to silence the beeps and song on the microwave, which is very frustrating
Large capacity microwaves are overall great but if you're looking for a small but robust microwave for small spaces, check out our guide for the Best Microwave for College Dorm Room.