Trying to locate Marsala wine in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Marsala Wine In?
Start your search for Marsala cooking wine in the vinegar aisle of the grocery store. It should be grouped with cooking wines like sherry. Alternatively, you could check by the marinades.
Another spot grocery stores keep Marsala wine in is the wine aisle, but only if it's intended for drinking. If it's there, it'll probably be around the heavier dessert wines.
Not seeing Marsala wine anywhere? If you can't find it, one of the stores below carries it...
What Stores Sell Marsala Wine?
- Amazon - Amazon is super convenient when you can't find a pantry item. You'll see Marsala cooking wine in larger quantities than at the grocery store, which can often save a little money.
- Walmart - Look in the beer and wine aisle for Marsala wine at Walmart. The store locator on the company website will help you find the products you're looking for in each location.
- Whole Foods - The wine department at Whole Foods usually has Marsala, and if not, check by the marinades for Napa Valley Naturals Marsala California Cooking Wine.
- Safeway - Safeway stores will have brands like Pompeian and Holland House in the vinegar aisle.
- Wegmans - Live near a Wegmans? You'll see store brand Marsala wine by the vinegars.
- Trader Joe's - Trader Joe's has a great wine selection that should include Marsala wine.
- Kroger - You'll see Kroger Marsala Cooking Wine in addition to other brands at Kroger stores.
- Publix - Publix also offers a variety of Marsala cooking wines.
Great Ways to Use Marsala Wine
Make Vegan "Chicken" Marsala
You can use any type of mock meat you like to make this tasty dish. Try seitan, chickpea cutlets, tofu or even just mixed veggies. The key is the Marsala sauce.
Make Marsala Mushrooms and Grits
Mushrooms and Marsala sauce go together like peas and carrots. You can serve everything over pasta, grits or even mashed potatoes if you want to have a more traditional Marsala dish.
Use It in Tomato Sauce
Here's a video that will show you how to make a quick tomato sauce with red wine (like Marsala wine) for pasta. Really, Marsala wine can be added to any pasta dish. Just a splash or two will add a wonderful depth of flavor.