Searching all over for maca powder in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Maca Powder In?
Perhaps the first stop in your average grocery store is the supplement area. It's possible that it'll be sold in capsule bottles, but it could also be sold in bags (probably on a lower shelf).
Grocery stores may also organize maca powder with natural ingredients in the health food aisle. You can also check the baking and spice aisles.
If you see gelatinized maca powder in any of these aisles, don't worry. There's no gelatin in it! It's just maca powder that's been processed with water.
Lastly, if your grocery store has a bulk section, you may see maca powder there. But if you haven't come across it yet, one of the stores listed below generally stocks it...
What Stores Sell Maca Powder?
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods carries Sunfood Organic Gelatinized Maca Powder, most likely in the aisles with spices and baking ingredients. You'll also find Navitas Organic Maca Powder or Maca Magic Dietary Supplement in the vitamin and supplement aisle.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Definitely check the bulk area as well as the baking and supplement aisles of your local natural food store.
- Amazon - Amazon sells tons of different maca powder brands, including Healthworks, Navitas and Anthony's in bulk. You can also find maca in capsules if you're looking for supplements.
- Walmart - If there's a Walmart near you, look for Terrasoul, Food to Live, Sunfood and other brands of maca powder. The website's store locator will help you figure out what's available in any store.
- GNC - GNC has various options, like Sunfood Raw Organic Black Maca Powder and BareOrganics Maca Root.
- Target - If you're at Target, you can grab Navitas maca in the supplement aisle.
- Safeway - Your Safeway store should have Navitas maca powder in either regular or gelatinized form.
- Trader Joe's - Stop in at Trader Joe's for Trader Joe's Organic Maca Powder.
- Kroger - Kroger carries Gaia Herbs Gelatinized Maca Powder in addition to other maca products.
- Publix - Publix supermarkets also sell a number of maca powders.
Great Ways to Use Maca Powder
Add It to Smoothies
Though you can simply throw a scoop of maca powder into any smoothie, people tend to mix it with ingredients like peanut butter and cacao powder to make decadent vegan shakes. Try adding chai spices for an out-of-this-world breakfast shake.
Make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Because maca powder tastes pleasantly earthy and somewhat like butterscotch, it's a great ingredient to incorporate into vegan pumpkin pie. You can work with this concept for any pumpkin, chocolate or peanut butter dessert.
Bake Maca Muffins
This vegan maca chocolate chip muffin recipe looks pretty tempting. If you prefer banana muffins, breakfast bars or even oatmeal in the morning, maca would be pretty stellar in those, too.