Wondering where to find liquid smoke in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Liquid Smoke In?
Since liquid smoke is a seasoning ingredient, the first aisle to look in is the spice aisle. It might be right around the spices or specialty seasonings.
The condiment aisle is the next place to look. Check around products like ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and other sauce ingredients.
Sometimes stores put liquid smoke near the barbecue sauces. Typically, these items are in the condiment aisle or somewhere close by.
If you haven't been able to find it, one of the stores below is probably your best bet...
What Stores Sell Liquid Smoke?
- Amazon - You can buy liquid smoke in bulk from Amazon, which often saves you money. You can also find plenty of brands and options to suit your needs.
- Walmart - Pop into Walmart for liquid smoke from Colgin and Wright's. Use the online store locator to check availability in your area.
- Target - Do you do your grocery shopping at Target? The sauce aisle will have Colgin Liquid Smoke in Natural Mesquite and Natural Hickory.
- Whole Foods - Look for Lazy Kettle Brand, Wright's and Colgin in the condiment and marinade aisles of Whole Foods.
- Safeway - If you're near a Safeway, head to the marinade section for Colgin or Wright's.
- Kroger - Your local Kroger supermarket should have the usual liquid smoke brands.
- Vons - Vons shoppers can also pick up Colgin or Wright's.
- Publix - Here's another major grocery store with multiple liquid smoke brands to choose from.
- Wegmans - Going by a Wegmans? This store carries Haddon House Liquid Smoke.
Great Ways to Use Liquid Smoke
Make Vegan Bacon
Liquid smoke is arguably the most important ingredient in veggie bacon. This recipe will essentially make fake bacon bits, but you can use tempeh, eggplant or any other vegan bacon ingredient—just don't forget the liquid smoke!
Don't know where to buy tempeh? Click the link to find out!
Make Vegan Lox
The umami quality that liquid smoke adds can turn any vegetable into a mock meat. For this vegan salmon recipe, you're going to be using carrots instead of tofu, tempeh or seitan. Trust us, you'll be blown away by how delicious it is.
Use It in Barbecue Sauce
Everyone has a different approach to barbecue sauce, but in general, liquid smoke is a vital ingredient. The nice thing about making your own vegan barbecue sauce is that you can adjust the flavors to your liking.