Wondering where to find hoisin sauce in the grocery store? We'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Hoisin Sauce In?
The quickest way to find hoisin sauce is probably to look by the Asian products in your grocery store's international aisle.
You can also look in the condiment aisle. Just double-check the labels to make sure you're not getting another type of sauce with hoisin as an ingredient.
Not finding hoisin sauce anywhere you look? Check our store guide below...
What Stores Sell Hoisin Sauce?
- Amazon - On Amazon you'll find hoisin sauce from a large number of vendors. If you like to compare products in the grocery store, this is a great option.
- Walmart - Look for Lee Kum Kee, Roland and other brands the condiment aisle by the sauces at Walmart. The store locator on Walmart's website has product availability information in any store.
- Whole Foods - You can get 365 brand hoisin at Whole Foods in the condiment aisle with the marinades or Ka-Me, Lee Kum Kee or Sun Luck by the Asian foods.
- Safeway - Safeway supermarkets keep hoisin sauce in the international and condiment aisles.
- Target - Check by the sauces and marinades for Lee Kum Kee or Soy Vay.
- Kroger - Passing by a Kroger? Look for hoisin sauce in the international aisle.
- Publix - Publix sells brands like Kikkoman, Dynasty and Ka-Me.
- Asian Markets - You'll see hoisin sauce in your local Asian market.
Great Ways to Use Hoisin Sauce
The salty-sweet-umami flavor of hoisin sauce gives stir-fries something special. If you like, you can just add a spoonful into your tried-and-true stir-fry recipes, but there are plenty of hoisin-based recipes out there.
Add It to Dips
Do you order the vegan summer rolls at a restaurant for the peanut dipping sauce? A little hoisin in some peanut butter with a few other ingredients in the mix will create a dipping sauce to rival any you've had in a restaurant.
Use It in Soups
Hoisin sauce lends a wonderful depth to soup broths. In addition to vegan versions of miso, pho and ramen, any vegetable soup can benefit from a dash of rich, savory hoisin. Keep it in the fridge for sauces like vegan gravy, too.