Trying to figure out where the gnocchi is in the grocery store? We'll show you all the aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores generally carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Gnocchi In?
If you're looking for gnocchi, check the pasta aisle first. They could be mixed in with dry pastas or in a specialty section of the aisle.
You may also see gnocchi in a cooler with fresh pasta. Often, this will be around the produce area or near the fancy cheeses. Just do a quick read-through of the ingredients to make sure any type of gnocchi you spot is vegan.
The last aisle to check is the frozen aisle. But if you're having trouble finding gnocchi, our store guide below can help...
What Stores Sell Gnocchi?
- Amazon - Amazon offers a wide selection of gnocchi. Shop around for the best prices as well as different varieties, like spinach gnocchi.
- Walmart - Check both the frozen section and pasta aisle at Walmart for gnocchi. The online store locator can show you exactly what's available in the store.
- Your Local Health Food Store - Health food stores often sell gnocchi and filled pastas in fun vegan varieties.
- Whole Foods - Look for Bella Terra Organic Potato Gnocchi in the pasta aisle at Whole Foods.
- Safeway - Stop by Safeway for De Cecco and other brands in the dry pasta section.
- Trader Joe's - You may see some type of gnocchi at Trader Joe's, like the store brand of Cauliflower Gnocchi. Check the freezers for other types as well.
- Kroger - Kroger offers several different gnocchi options, both frozen and boxed. What's available from store to store may vary.
- Publix - Publix carries several options in the pasta aisle.
- Italian Markets - You may be able to get either imported or freshly made gnocchi at an Italian market.
Great Ways to Use Gnocchi
Make Creamy Baked Vegan Gnocchi
The general concept here is to combine gnocchi with a vegan cream sauce for a restaurant quality meal. Top creamy gnocchi with breadcrumbs for a crispy texture and throw it all in the oven, or serve the gnocchi right out of the saucepan.
Try Gnocchi Soup
You've probably heard of adding noodles to soup. You can do the same thing with gnocchi. Go for both broth-based and creamy soups, and don't hesitate to pair gnocchi with any type of vegetable or soup seasoning.
Simmer Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
You don't need to get fancy with gnocchi to have a scrumptious dinner ready in minutes. Any jarred tomato sauce will work to make cook time even shorter without sacrificing one bit of flavor.