Searching for hominy in the grocery store? It might be in a few different spots, so we'll show you which aisles to check...
We'll also tell you which stores are most likely to carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Hominy In?
The first place to check is the canned vegetable aisle. There's a good chance you'll find canned hominy there.
Dried hominy can often be found in aisles with grains and beans, though it might be closer to the beans than the grains.
If you haven't spotted hominy in either of these places, check the Latin section of the international aisle.
Having trouble finding it? We've listed some stores below that are known to stock hominy...
What Stores Sell Hominy?
- Amazon - This is one of the easiest ways to buy anything you can't get locally. You'll see dried hominy and canned hominy on Amazon.
- Walmart - Look for Juanita's Foods and Sak Pase in the canned goods and grain aisles of Walmart. If you're looking for a particular product, check the online store locator.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods keeps hominy in the aisles with canned foods and international products.
- Safeway - Safeway sells Juanita's Foods, Goya and Teasdale in the canned goods and international aisles.
- Target - Head to the canned goods area of Target for hominy from Faraon and Juanita's Foods.
- Kroger - Passing by a Kroger store? Look in the canned food and international aisles for Goya, Faraon, La Preferida and other brands.
- Publix - Pop into Publix for hominy in the international aisle and the canned vegetable area near the beans.
- Latin Markets - You'll likely find hominy in any Latin market.
Great Ways to Use Hominy
Make Vegan Pozole
This traditional Mexican stew is full of lively flavors and complementary chewy, soft and crisp textures. One of the neat things about it is that you can really switch it up every time you make it with different kinds of salsas, vegetables and even mock meats.
Make Vegan Cachupa
Originating in the Cape Verde islands of West Africa, this stew is traditionally made with corn, beans, starchy root vegetables and meat or fish. The vegan version with veggie sausage in this video is perfect for a chilly night.
Make Vietnamese Sticky Rice and Hominy
This Vietnamese recipe (called xoi bap) is made with sticky, glutinous rice, hominy and crispy fried onions. It's pretty customizable if you want to make it sweeter or a little more savory, and you can enjoy it at any meal.