Trying to find coconut oil in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you should be checking...
We'll also tell you which stores carry it...
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Coconut Oil In?
Most grocery stores put coconut oil on the shelves with cooking oils. Usually, these will be in the baking aisle, but they could also be in the condiment aisle.
You can also check any organic or health food aisle in the store. Sometimes it will be with superfoods like goji berries and cacao nibs.
The last place to check might be the supplement aisle. Look around the lower shelves with items like spirulina and maca powder.
Not sure where to find coconut oil in your area? We've listed several stores below that sell it...
What Stores Sell Coconut Oil?
- Amazon - Shopping on Amazon is convenient, but it also gives you the opportunity to do some serious price comparisons of different coconut oil products.
- Walmart - It's easy to find coconut oil at Walmart. Check the condiment aisles for Viva Naturals, Garden of Life and Spectrum, or use the store locator to find a specific brand.
- Whole Foods - You can pick up brands like 365, Nature's Way and Dr. Bronner's in the oil and vinegar aisle of Whole Foods. You may also look in the superfoods section of the supplement area.
- Your Local Health Food Store - It's a pretty sure bet that you'll find coconut oil in any health food store.
- Safeway - Safeway keeps coconut oil with the cooking oil and vinegar.
- Trader Joe's - If you're at Trader Joe's, look for the store brand of coconut oil.
- Target - Target offers Simply Balanced and other brands with the cooking oil and vinegar in the pantry section.
- Kroger - Check the health food and baking aisles at Kroger.
- Publix - Publix has store brand coconut oil, but you can also find brands like Spectrum and Nutiva.
- Ethnic Markets - You'll likely have luck in a wide variety of ethnic markets, including Indian and Latin markets.
- Walgreens - Drugstores like Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS frequently sell coconut oil in either the cooking or supplement sections.
- GNC - If you're near a GNC, you can usually find coconut oil there.
Great Ways to Use Coconut Oil
Make Vegan Butter
Because coconut oil solidifies at cooler temperatures, it's perfect for spreadable vegan butter. You can combine it with olive oil or any other oil of your choice, or you can use 100 percent coconut oil. It's all about personal taste.
Cook and Bake with It
Need to replace butter or vegetable oil in a recipe? Coconut oil is your new best friend. You can use it in pretty much any recipe. Seriously! Try stir-fries, cookies, sauces, bread, pastries...
Make Homemade Spa Treatments
You'll see coconut oil in many different spa goodies at the store and in DIY recipes. It makes luxurious body scrubs, hydrating vegan lip balms and nourishing hair masks. And it doesn't hurt that it smells heavenly.