Trying to figure out where to find chili paste in the grocery store? Here are the aisles you’ll find it in…
We’ll also tell you which stores typically carry it…
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Chili Paste In?
The international aisle will usually have a wide variety of chili pastes from around the world. Check the shelves with Latin, Indian, Middle Eastern and Asian products.
Next, look in the condiment aisle, probably near hot sauces. If it’s not there, try the aisles with spices and canned foods.
You may even find it in the produce area. Here, you’re most likely to see chili paste with the squeeze tube herbs and spices.
Struggling to find chili paste in your area? Check our store guide below…
You Might Also Like: Where is Brewers Yeast in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Chili Paste?
- Amazon – Amazon has plenty of chili paste options. On Amazon you can shop around, compare prices and find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Walmart – Walmart sells chili paste brands like Huy Fong and Santa Cruz in the condiment aisle. The store locator on the company website can show you detailed product availability information in any location.
- Whole Foods – You can find sambal oelek and chili pastes of all kinds in the condiment and international aisles at Whole Foods.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Most natural food stores carry at least one type of chili paste.
- Safeway – Look for chili paste in the spice, condiment and international aisles at Safeway.
- Target – Check the condiment and canned food aisles in Target’s pantry section.
- Trader Joe’s – Trader Joe’s tends to offer its own brand of chili pastes, including Tunisian harissa and Thai chili paste.
- Kroger – Look for Thai Kitchen, Huy Fong, Amore and other brands in the international and canned food aisles.
- Publix – You should find chili paste in the produce and condiment aisles at Publix supermarkets.
- Ethnic Markets – A wide variety of ethnic markets sell chili paste, including Indian, African, Middle Eastern and Latin markets.
- Asian Markets – You’re sure to find chili paste at any Asian market.
Related Article: Where Is Chutney in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Chili Paste
Spice up Pasta Dishes
A little chili paste can invigorate a traditional tomato sauce and add zest to vegan mac and cheese. Harissa is frequently used in pasta dishes, but you can certainly use any type of chili paste in your cabinet.
Add It to Stir-Fries
If you like some spice in your stir-fries, chili paste is the seasoning you want. If you’re new to chili paste, just add a little at a time until you reach the heat level you prefer. Not sure where to get the tempeh featured in the video? Learn where to buy tempeh in our guide.
Related Article: Where Is Coconut Milk in the Grocery Store?
Use It in Salads
Are you trying to change up your salad routine? Making a chili salad dressing is sure to do the trick. Go for a Thai peanut dressing with chili paste or blend it into a ginger-miso dressing.
Also Read: Where Is Coconut Oil in the Grocery Store?
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!