Looking for coconut milk in the grocery store? There are several aisles it could be in, so we'll show you which ones to check...
If You're Planning to Make Curry
If You're Looking for Bulk
If You're Searching for Something to Drink
If You Want All-Natural
If You're Looking for Non-GMO
If You Want Certified Organic
If You're in the Mood for Something Sweet
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Coconut Milk In?
If you're looking for canned coconut milk (the thick kind for curries and desserts), check the international aisle. It should be with the Latin or Asian products.
But if you want to buy the coconut milk beverage as an alternative to soy or almond milk, you'll usually find this kind in a few different locations.
The easiest place to start is probably the refrigerated milk section. Grocery stores tend to place nondairy milk options next to the dairy milks in the same refrigerators.
For shelf-stable beverages, try the health food and beverage aisles. Since coconut milk can be poured over cereal, some stores even put it in the cereal aisle. No matter which aisle it's in, it'll likely be grouped with various types of vegan milk.
If you're having a hard time finding it, one of the stores below should have it...
You Might Also Like: Where Is Chili Paste in the Grocery Store?
What Stores Sell Coconut Milk?
- Amazon - On Amazon you can search for drinkable coconut milk as well as canned coconut milk from many different brands. Take advantage of Amazon's bulk offerings to save some cash.
- Walmart - Heading to Walmart? Look for So Delicious and Silk coconut milks in shelf-stable or refrigerated cartons. There are also plenty of canned coconut milk options, too. Just use the store locator online to figure out what's available in each store.
- Whole Foods - Whole Foods sells 365 Everyday Value Organic Coconut Milk in the can, among other brands. There are also many refrigerated coconut milks to check out.
- Your Local Health Food Store - There will definitely be coconut milk at any natural food store. You may also find specialty coconut milk products not found in major supermarkets.
- Target - If you're at Target, you can get Simply Balanced coconut milk cartons and canned light or full-fat coconut milk.
- Safeway - Head to Safeway supermarkets for Thai Kitchen canned coconut milk and So Delicious coconut milk beverages.
- Trader Joe's - You should easily find coconut milk in Trader Joe's, whether it's the store brand coconut milk beverage or canned coconut milk.
- Walgreens - Check Walgreens and other drug stores for coconut milk cans from Goya and other brands.
- Kroger - Kroger is known to carry So Delicious, Thai Kitchen, Simple Truth and its own store brand of coconut milk.
- Publix - Publix stocks Goya, Silk, So Delicious, Badia and plenty of other brands.
- Ethnic Markets - Stop in at Indian and Latin markets for canned coconut milk in particular.
- Asian Markets - Asian markets are also good spots to check for various kinds of coconut milk.
Related Article: Where Is Chutney in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Coconut Milk
Use It in Hot or Iced Lattes
No matter what sort of vegan latte you drink, coconut milk will make it decadent. Try traditional hot or iced espresso lattes, but don't shy away from the tea lattes. Use canned coconut milk for the richest drinks, but you can totally use any kind of coconut milk you prefer.
If you're a tea fan, check out these top cast iron teapots.
Make Coconut Yogurt