Are you trying to find brewer’s yeast in the grocery store? This active yeast used by brewers all around the world can be extremely difficult to find.
That’s why we’ve written this quick guide to let you know where you can find brewer’s yeast. On top of that, we’ll share with you which stores carry it, and what you can use it for.
Let’s take a closer look…
Table of Contents
Which Grocery Store Aisle is Brewer’s Yeast In?
Unfortunately, you’re not likely to find true live brewer’s yeast in most grocery stores. If you do find brewer’s yeast in the grocery store, it’s more likely to be dead dehydrated yeast that is useful as a health supplement, but not for actually brewing anything. You can find this type of brewer’s yeast in the natural foods or vitamin/supplements aisles.
The reason why you’re not likely to find live brewer’s yeast in a grocery store is that it has a really specific use: brewing beer. As such, the best stores to find real brewer’s yeast in are brewer supply stores.
What Stores Sell Brewer’s Yeast?
If you can’t find brewer’s yeast in your local grocery store, where else should you look? Try checking out the below stores:
- Amazon – Although it’s not live yeast, Amazon does offer various supplemental versions of brewer’s yeast that you can take for nutritional purposes.
- Walmart – Walmart has several versions of supplemental brewer’s yeast in stock, such as these vitamins and this powder.
- Your Local Brewers Supply Store – If you live an area with local breweries, there’s a good chance you have a brewers’ supply store nearby. This should carry live brewer’s yeast that you could use for brewing.
- Your Local Health Foods Store – It’s not likely to be live brewer’s yeast, but you can probably find denatured yeast in your health foods store. Try checking out the supplements section to be sure.
- The Vitamin Shoppe – The Vitamin Shoppe’s online storefront sells Solgar brand supplemental brewer’s yeast.
- Kroger – You may be able to find several brands of brewer’s yeast in your local Kroger. It’s likely to be supplemental, denatured yeast, but you can find it online or check the vitamin section.
Related Article: Where Is Chutney in the Grocery Store?
Fantastic Ways to Use Brewer’s Yeast
Actual living brewer’s yeast is often called beer yeast because it’s used to brew beer. If you’re using something you got from a grocery store, remember that it’s likely not active, so you won’t be able to use it for beer or baking.
Regardless, it still has many uses. Many expecting mothers incorporate it in recipes because it can help with lactation. As an example, you can make these delicious no-bake vegan cookies.
Also Read: Where Is Coconut Oil in the Grocery Store?
Another way to get your serving of brewer’s yeast in is to incorporate it into a smoothie. It has a slightly bitter, nutty flavor that could give your smoothie some additional depth.
Related Article: Where Is Coconut Milk in the Grocery Store?
Also Check Out: Where Is Cooking Sherry in the Grocery Store?
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!