Trying to figure out where to find nutritional yeast in the grocery store? Here are the aisles to check…
We’ll also tell you which stores that carry it. However, if you’d prefer to order it online instead, we’ve also provided a chart filled with links to listings for sale today.
|Product Name||Good For|
|Anthony’s Nutritional Yeast Flakes||If You Want Bulk|
|Natural Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast Flakes||If You’re Looking for Good Flavor|
|NOW Nutritional Yeast Flakes||If You’re Searching for Vitamin-Rich|
|Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning||If You’re Craving a Vegan Parmesan Cheese Substitute|
|Hoosier Hill Farm Nutritional Yeast Flakes||If You Need Something Easy to Store|
|KAL Nutritional Yeast Flakes||If You Don’t Want GMOs|
Which Grocery Store Aisle Is Nutritional Yeast In?
It would be best if you first looked for nutritional yeast (also lovingly called “Nooch”) in the health food aisle. Often, it’s sold in large containers, but it’s not uncommon to find it in smaller plastic jars or bags.
The second place you should look is the bulk bin section. If your grocery store has one, you can buy it by the pound and probably get it cheaper than buying the packaged products.
Finally, if you can’t find it in either of those places, the spice aisle is your last resort. It might be sold in a spice jar labeled “nutritional yeast flakes” or nearby a larger container.
If you still can’t find it, one of the stores below is probably your best bet…
What Stores Sell Nutritional Yeast?
- Amazon – Amazon is a great place for buying in bulk. This is not only the most economical way to buy nutritional yeast; it’s also the most convenient. You can go through it quickly, so stocking up is a good idea.
- Walmart – Walmart offers several different brands of nutritional yeast, like Red Star and Bragg. Use the store locator on the company website to find out what’s available in your nearest Walmart.
- Your Local Health Food Store – Besides Amazon, local health food stores are great places to find bulk nutritional yeast. Prices may vary, and if you don’t see them in the bulk section, they should be sold in one of the shelf-stable aisles.
- Whole Foods – If you shop at Whole Foods, you may find Whole Foods brand nutritional yeast. If not, there are plenty of other brands to choose from.
- Safeway – Safeway stores stock Bob’s Red Mill and Bragg nutritional yeasts.
- Trader Joe’s – Trader Joe’s offers nutritional yeast from its brand.
- Kroger – If you live near a Kroger store, you should be able to buy Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning.
- Publix – Publix supermarkets also sell a few different brands, including Bob’s Red Mill and Red Star.
Looking for additional ways to purchase nutritional yeast in bulk? We’ve compiled a list of places that sell it in bulk here.
You Might Also Like: Where is Brewers Yeast in the Grocery Store?
Great Ways to Use Nutritional Yeast
Make Vegan Cheese Sauce
Nutritional yeast has an incredible cheesy flavor without containing anything remotely dairy-like. For this reason, it’s a natural vegan cheese replacement when mixed with the right ingredients for texture and flavor. Go for “cheese” pasta sauces like the one in this video, vegan nacho cheese, pizza sauces, and more.
You Might Also Like: Where to Find Malt Powder in the Grocery Store?
Use It as a Popcorn Topping
Here’s another place the cheesy flavor of nutritional yeast can shine. You don’t need much more than the nooch, but you can get as inventive as you like with herbs and spices. Tip: This same concept can be applied to kale chips or any vegetable chip for that matter.
Create Your Own Salad Dressings
There are so many delicious nutritional yeast salad dressings out there. Here’s a basic recipe you can enjoy by itself or build on with seasonings and ingredients like whole-grain mustard and maple syrup for a touch of sweetness. Explore all the vegan dressings you can make online.
Wondering how to store your nutritional yeast? Read our guide to properly storing nutritional yeast flakes.
Hey, I’m Joey. I’ve been cooking since I was a little kid and love everything about it. You can find my writing about food, kitchen appliances (such as blenders) and much more. Thanks for stopping by!